Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a customer wanted you just for the day to do some odd jobs what would you charge for the day ? It will take up your whole day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am a tilesetter but if they wanted a daily charge I would charge 300-400 a day and that is being generous. Just think of the wear and tear on your vehicle, tools, body, etc. And then your ins as a sub. I am not taking home that much believe me!!!

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I think it depends on what I'm doing. If they want me to put the Glass magic on something, I need some doe. If they want me to roof, well, I'm more inclined to cut em a break.:cheesygri

Now....on the other hand, if it's a house wives convention.....I dance for free baby.:Thumbs:

Thump thump thump....thump...thump thump:eek:

Bob

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Around here a "handyman" charges 35 dollars a hour on average. But of course there a lowballers.

·
Registered
960 Posts
bellerose said:
If a customer wanted you just for the day to do some odd jobs what would you charge for the day ? It will take up your whole day.

Technician man-hours billed shall include all of the productive labor time normally associated with the customer’s project and any other time spent on behalf of the customer, including but not limited to ;

• Evaluation of project (at owners request) to provide Owner with an estimated cost for completion.
• Technician hourly rate of $60 per man-hour (special discounts may apply), with a minimum charge of one (1) man-hour. Time incurred over one hour will be billed at fifteen minute increments.
• Pick up and delivery of materials, plus standard 20% markup over cost for materials purchased by Contractor on behalf of the customer. (Owner can save money by having materials onsite, ready for installation)
• Small service fee of $30 applied to all individual invoices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts