Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a client who is paying me to renovate their bathroom. They want their new garden tub installed recesed into the wall. To do this I need to cut slots for the water lines and electrical lines. My question is this. Can I safely cut slots into a fiberglass tub without risking the integrity of the tub. They also want me to cut about 4 inches including the flange off another side to provide more room.
Please help.

c[email protected]

·
Banned
3,431 Posts
:blink: I would check with the manufacturer but they will say no go if you want their warranty. Sounds like a disaster in the making. IMHO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you say sounds like a disaster in the making???
Manufacture states that cutting holes for plumbing is fine. Doesn't say anything about notching for clearance. I have installed hundreds of tubs but never had this specific problem.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Hi welcome to CT, please fill out your profile, and go to the INTRODUCTION page and tell us alittle about yourself and your business, thanks, GMOD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why would you say sounds like a disaster in the making???
Manufacture states that cutting holes for plumbing is fine. Doesn't say anything about notching for clearance. I have installed hundreds of tubs but never had this specific problem.
Your tagline reads "custom work". what part of this great country do you live in where a Plumbing License is not needed to install a new tub?:blink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts