Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trader Joe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the people who are one man shops. Is there a software that you use to track all of your customers? Like the job they wanted, how much it was, scheduling, logging name and address, etc... I have problems with forgetting about calls, voicemail, and emails. I sometimes miss a sale as a result of this.

·
Trader Joe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your help. I started looking into the software and played around with demos.

• Maximizer seems like a lot for a small shop.
  • Podio seems very nice. Did you build your own app or did you use one from the app store?

I plan on checking out the other ones. Thanks again :thumbup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
The crm's mentioned are all good. However, most are rather complex and require a steep learning curve to both setup and use.

Give Breezeworks.com a try. It's simple and easy to use right from your smartphone.
The Breeze app is pretty cool but I think it is more for service type businesses like plumber, handyman, hvac etc.

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Back in 1999-2000 I had that problem, but with a much larger scale operation. The only electronic devices we had in the construction trailer was a desktop calculator, and a semi-broken fax machine.

Anyways, I took it upon myself to get something software based going, including build-outs, change orders, warranty schedules, costing, etc.

Settled on ACT! (then by Symantec), and it was one of the best and luckiest decisions I ever made.

But it's not like falling off a chair. You have to first figure out what you really want to do/can do, and then commit to it.

And then comes the learning curve on the software. And I don't care what brand/edition you eventually settle on, it can be overwhelming at first.

Virtually EVERYTHING construction industry centered is going to be overkill for a 1 man operation, IMO, and pricey.

Get something cheap or free and play with it, to see where you need to be, or if you even will stick with it over the long term.

Reactions: tl21986
1 - 9 of 9 Posts