Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
paint/drywall
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone recomend a good company to print promtional t-shirts and baseball caps ?
would be looking at small quantity[@50]
{spent 2 hours browsing the net for quotes before i thought ..."wait there mister ,them fella's on the forum are bound to have some advise on this !!"
doh !!!} :Thumbs:
many thanks and best regards to all .... god bless ya

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I use local guys for small quantities.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
I use a girl that has been doing a great job at decent prices. She has done some ts and caps for me. Turn around is also good. Smaller quanities like a dozen shirts, is all I've done so ask her about 50 pieces.

Her name is Nickie Shore.
[email protected]

Tell her I sent you. referals are nice to know about.

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
Just used customink.com. (Don't know how to make it a link, sorry) I ordered 3 dozen T shirts, order was smooth, got the stuff fast and the best part is the self-design web site is dynamite for the patience challenged like me (read easy to use). I actually liked doing it! Met

·
Registered
318 Posts
Davids,
Try shooting an e-mail to Columbia College. See if there's some graphics arts students there who would bid on doing the project for you. The guy to contact is a Mr. Green in career services. I did this for a video project for NARI - surprising number of entrepeneurial students there....

TIm

·
Registered
438 Posts
Custom shirts and caps piss me off, they get you for the art work first then the first batch come up quick.

After that they ******************** around with you on you 2nd order.

A buddy of mine was giving shirts and hats to his subs as a free ad type thing, months went and he got a big job at a water treatment plant.
He got started and they pulled him in for a meeting.
I guess the GCs forman said he met one of his guys at a party, and the kid was smoking dope and wanted all of his guys tested before they could start.

Turns out the kid with the dope was one of his subs.

BJD

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Bjd said:
the GCs forman said he met one of his guys at a party, and the kid was smoking dope and wanted all of his guys tested before they could start.
That sounds dubious at best - like an urban legend. It does however give one pause to consider just exactly what it is you hope to promote by getting the company name out there to who-knows-where.
If I had a nickel for every time I've seen someone in company apparel (be it a uniform or otherwise) buy booze at lunch time I'd retire. I'm not sure it ever made me think about the company's worthiness - just the individual's. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen someone associated with a potential sub of mine grabbing a 'taste' at lunch - I might think differently then.
I'm an inch away from pulling the trigger on buying some shirts and hats. Maybe I'll steer clear of tees and stick with something a little more upscale.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
My very first attempt at this type of marketing went over like gangbusters. It was many years ago and the logo that I chose was from a 'finger puppet' that my 6 yr. old son had made out of felt. He is now 21. Those shirts were the hottest ticket in town, not for my business but for the primitave art. I should have gone into the shirt business. LOL
The first run was seconds bought from a wholesaler and I had to buy $300.00 worth of shirts, about 175. I located an artist and he burned the screens for $100 and a fishing trip or two. I then went to the printers and negotiated. Total cost worked out to about $5.00 ea. It was a great launching pad.
Remember that the graphics make the shirt. Make people want to wear it when they go out, make people want it.
My first run was gone within 2 weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts