Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much says it all. Client wants a 1st floor bath. I've seen drain run outside but they usually 90 back into the basement, no such like on this one. Im thinking about going thru a ground level basement window, as long as I can get a good enough pitch on the 4'. I'm really trying to avoid digging thru the cement basement floor... finding the pipe AND being careful enough not to crack it. Budget is another contributing factor. ANy thoughts???

Thx guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ummm yea right.... i freaking kno thats why im here. PLZ offer advise ONLY! the H/O wants it done as cheap as possible, what am I to do? @Griz Mickey is my laborer @Clayton read your signature

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Do it right or don't do it....:thumbsup:

If the job requires cutting concrete & locating pipe so be it....

The HO's inadequate budget is not your problem.

Read my tag line....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@griz i agree w your sig, and my oldhead says to dig also... I dunno maybe i can atleast get the contract signed minus the plumbing if he doesnt go for the price. Btw give a an est on a 6x8 bath, tile floor, tub surround, 10' ceiling. Thx again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And keep in mind I work in philly... there are so many jacklegs/hacks, hence all the building collapses and elec fires. I specialize in elec i know NEC and i follow it. basic plumbing no prob. but I've never seen a 4" that runs outside and doesn't come back inside at the basement.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
ram82082 said:
@griz i agree w your sig, and my oldhead says to dig also... I dunno maybe i can atleast get the contract signed minus the plumbing if he doesnt go for the price. Btw give a an est on a 6x8 bath, tile floor, tub surround, 10' ceiling. Thx again
How long is a string?

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
ram82082 said:
@ClaytonR as long as you make it, whats your point?
You said "Btw give a an est on a 6x8 bath, tile floor, tub surround, 10' ceiling. Thx again"

Point is, how could anyone possibly give an estimate that would mean anything to you based on this info?

It'd be exactly like answering the question how long is a string. There's simply not nearly enough info to even begin answering.

Plus, pricing discussions are pretty well frowned upon here.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Thank you for posting on ContractorTalk.com. Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here, as are 'Going Rate' questions. If you are a contractor seeking advice regarding your pricing structure, the Moderators of this forum would like to direct you to this thread: "Pricing, Estimating and Success".

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.