Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to install base moulding around a curved wall. Any tricks of the trade on achieving a curved moulding? I've asked around locally and no one can tell me how to do this.

How about flexible moulding? Anyone ever try it? I bet it's mighty expensive!

Richie

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have achieved your goal 1 of 2 ways. Buy the flex molding if your going to paint it. It is a little more, but will save you labor time. Or if your going to stain it or it is pre-finished, you will need to laminate it.
Only 2 ways I know of.

I do beleive I have tried just about everything. Easiest I have found

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I'll be buying some flexible molding here in the next couple weeks for some curved and elliptical walls / ceilings. It's running about 17/lf for a 4.5" wide profile.
If you want custom they charge you 600 setup fee, plus the lineal foot price plus they want a 8-10' piece of the actual molding. I suggest trying to find a molding they have in stock :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys--quick question--have you found flexible moulding to be readily available, or do you have to special order? I am looking for a tradtional colonial base moulding that you'd usually find in any HD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Richie-C said:
Hi,

I need to install base moulding around a curved wall. Any tricks of the trade on achieving a curved moulding? I've asked around locally and no one can tell me how to do this.

How about flexible moulding? Anyone ever try it? I bet it's mighty expensive!

Richie
I have sold a ton of the flexible molding over the years. it is a great option for a paint grade application. There are vast differnces in quality and warranty when you go from one manufacturer to another. My recommendation is Duraflex by a company called Resinart. I also recommend using their xxxtra flex product. It carries an incredible warranty and does not require any predrilling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts