Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still a Newbe here and have noticed a common theme here.

Somebody post's a question, asking for advise or a little input from fellow contractors. Most here try to help and may ask questions to get the whole story and offer their opinion and / or story about how they handled a similar situation.

While others here make assumptions and attack the person looking for help from anyone who will post a response. Then it becomes a feeding frenzy and one poster attacks the other for posting his / her opinion to the specific issue.

Can't we all just get along here. I joined this forum because of the quality of articles and the option to discuss issues with fellow contractors. We all had to start our business from the ground up and we all have had to learn things the hard way. I'm not on here to feed my ego or to make myself the king of the forum post.

I'm here to learn from the experiences of others and if I have any info to share about a topic to give my opinion.

so lets all get along, life is hard enough.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
28,889 Posts
There are jerks everywhere.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an observation in my short time here.

I've been around construction a long time and know all about the jobsite banter.

I also understand that everyone has their own opinion. Just don't like reading a thread with page after page of attacks. That's not why I'm on here. If I wanted to watch a fight. I'D turn on the BRUINS and watch them win another Stanley cup
:boxing:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Online forums are akin to sitting in bar, same general spread of golden nuggets to polished turds and turds polishing themselves...hell some are even alcohol fueled just like a bar :laughing:

That and opinions are like arse holes every bodies got one. Around here some seem to have 4-5 :whistling

... :thumbup: and all the previous advise offered :thumbup:

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I'm still a Newbe here and have noticed a common theme here.

Somebody post's a question, asking for advise or a little input from fellow contractors. Most here try to help and may ask questions to get the whole story and offer their opinion and / or story about how they handled a similar situation.

While others here make assumptions and attack the person looking for help from anyone who will post a response. Then it becomes a feeding frenzy and one poster attacks the other for posting his / her opinion to the specific issue.

Can't we all just get along here. I joined this forum because of the quality of articles and the option to discuss issues with fellow contractors. We all had to start our business from the ground up and we all have had to learn things the hard way. I'm not on here to feed my ego or to make myself the king of the forum post.

I'm here to learn from the experiences of others and if I have any info to share about a topic to give my opinion.

so lets all get along, life is hard enough.:thumbsup:
With discussion comes disagreement, argument, name calling, anger, labels...but it also produces compromise, understanding, challenge, growth and friendships.

Some of the people that I am closest to here I have butted heads with the most.

Type A personalities will bump heads 9 times out of 10, and on the rare occasion, Inner will agree with me and it pains him so.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Just an observation in my short time here.

I've been around construction a long time and know all about the jobsite banter.

I also understand that everyone has their own opinion. Just don't like reading a thread with page after page of attacks. That's not why I'm on here. If I wanted to watch a fight. I'D turn on the BRUINS and watch them win another Stanley cup
:boxing:
There is an easy solution...deal with it or move on to another thread.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TNT,

I agree that arguments are inevitable here or in the real world.

My point of this thread was :

1) to get a few points

2) give my observation of the fact threads get off the topic and make them a bad read.

#3 thought a discussion from a newcomer about behavior would stir the pot and maybe people would think b4 they type.

#4 get more points for responding to comments here :whistling

#5 using the smiley face should get point also

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
The ignore list is an effective noise reducer.
Never understood this. If someone is trying to private message you or something I get it, but everyone has something to offer every once in a while. I am here to exchange info and for me I have learned sssoooooo much. Really easy to scroll past something you don't like. The best way to ignore, is not to respond.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
TNT,

I agree that arguments are inevitable here or in the real world.

My point of this thread was :

1) to get a few points

2) give my observation of the fact threads get off the topic and make them a bad read.

#3 thought a discussion from a newcomer about behavior would stir the pot and maybe people would think b4 they type.

#4 get more points for responding to comments here :whistling

#5 using the smiley face should get point also
I am following hundreds of threads currently and only a handful have any real discourse. The hot button topics will always bring rabbit trails and relentless back and forth.

And while I enjoy reading what new comers think, it's just not reality. You haven't been here long enough to truly have a good picture of the place. I may have a rep for being argumentative, the vast majority of my posts are non-confrontational and benign.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts