Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another GC's customer called me. Didn't trust someones work.

So I Checked it out about noon that same day.

Truss were laid out 22"oc then 26"oc the next at 19"oc and so on. Thank God only 4 sheets of ply had been installed.

So asked him "What the hell?" The maggot replied "What dif does it make? you have to cut each sheet anyhow" :eek:

Freaking amazing!

Bob

·
Registered
99 Posts
I deal with that when I need to hang someone elses framing Glass. Drives me up the wall, (no punn intended). I just can't understand how sopme poeple can not get the simple concept of either 16" centers or 24" centers. I just dealt with that on Wed. as a matter of fact. Things were so screwed up that I was sistering studfs just to get the rock to break. And using drywall to strasighten out soffits. Instead of hanging one that was built right. After 6 1/2 hrs, I had enough and went home. The guys that built the walls and soffitts, deffinatly heard about it the next day when I came on to the job that they were on.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After my advice to the customer, he went straight to his builder. The builders reply was everyone has their own way of doing things. I wonder what his cost of doing things is.

Bob

·
Registered
99 Posts
I here that alot too. But like I tell everyone who tells me that. Yes, BUT there is still a RIGHT way and a WRONG way. And when they ask me why mine is the right way, I reply with, "5 years in an apprenticeship from the hall, from guys who were doing this 20 years before you or I even thought of becoming a framer." I usually don't get anymore remarks back.

·
ALL VINYL
220 Posts
i had a friend / carpenter he built a house in fla. he was telling me the inspecter would not alow any nails in the sheathing that were not in a stud although all the nails that wrere supose to be in were 6and 8 i belive if your going to do it do it right in a perfect world every trade makes it easyer for the next trade

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll bet he figured if he made them take the time to remove the missed nails, they would be more likely to renail the missed locations........I've used that one on my help.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts