Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Custom Builder
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another GC's customer called me. Didn't trust someones work.

So I Checked it out about noon that same day.

Truss were laid out 22"oc then 26"oc the next at 19"oc and so on. Thank God only 4 sheets of ply had been installed.

So asked him "What the hell?" The maggot replied "What dif does it make? you have to cut each sheet anyhow" :eek:

Freaking amazing!

Bob

· Registered
99 Posts
I deal with that when I need to hang someone elses framing Glass. Drives me up the wall, (no punn intended). I just can't understand how sopme poeple can not get the simple concept of either 16" centers or 24" centers. I just dealt with that on Wed. as a matter of fact. Things were so screwed up that I was sistering studfs just to get the rock to break. And using drywall to strasighten out soffits. Instead of hanging one that was built right. After 6 1/2 hrs, I had enough and went home. The guys that built the walls and soffitts, deffinatly heard about it the next day when I came on to the job that they were on.

· Registered
99 Posts
I here that alot too. But like I tell everyone who tells me that. Yes, BUT there is still a RIGHT way and a WRONG way. And when they ask me why mine is the right way, I reply with, "5 years in an apprenticeship from the hall, from guys who were doing this 20 years before you or I even thought of becoming a framer." I usually don't get anymore remarks back.

· ALL VINYL
220 Posts
i had a friend / carpenter he built a house in fla. he was telling me the inspecter would not alow any nails in the sheathing that were not in a stud although all the nails that wrere supose to be in were 6and 8 i belive if your going to do it do it right in a perfect world every trade makes it easyer for the next trade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.