Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sold some heaters back in Oct 09. Today I get an email from my merchant account that one of our customers disputed the charges that were made back in Oct 09. $800.00 saying product not as described.

He bought to 2 infrared Heaters off us. Now we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Its been much longer then 30 days and he didn't even call us or return the heaters. I feel at this point he basically just stole the heaters off us. I didn't even call him yet, I want to find out what options I have.

Should I:
1. Just call him have him return the heaters (hopefully)
2. Call the local police and file theft charges.

It pisses me off that they could at anytime call there credit card and get a refund without any proof...

I'm going to call my merchant account tomorrow and see what I can do.

·
Super Moderator
24,427 Posts
The way I have seen this work is the credit card company should ask you for your version of the story giving you the opportunity to dispute the buyers claim. Sounds like buyers remorse to me. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
We sold some heaters back in Oct 09. Today I get an email from my merchant account that one of our customers disputed the charges that were made back in Oct 09. $800.00 saying product not as described.

He bought to 2 infrared Heaters off us. Now we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Its been much longer then 30 days and he didn't even call us or return the heaters. I feel at this point he basically just stole the heaters off us. I didn't even call him yet, I want to find out what options I have.

Should I:
1. Just call him have him return the heaters (hopefully)
2. Call the local police and file theft charges.

It pisses me off that they could at anytime call there credit card and get a refund without any proof...

I'm going to call my merchant account tomorrow and see what I can do.

Neither, you must dispute his claim through your merchant account. Explain your policies to them and show them a sales order. They will refund the original amount back to you. Then your client has 60 days to explauin his dispute in writing. If he does the merchant will render a decision based on the evidence. If he doesn't you'll win the dispute, case closed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Going to call tomorrow. Our Business Merchant Account is with Paypal so I hope everything goes easy.(heard some bad things with paypal chargbacks) This is the first time we had this happen in 5 years with Paypal.

What gets me mad is all the son of ***** had to do is call me. I would of refunded his money after he sent back the heaters. We do have a 30 day policy but if he wasn't happy with them I would of taken them back and refunded his money.

Now he has his money and the heaters...unbeleivable..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update...

Submitted all the information to paypal. Within a week I received the $800.00 back in my account.:clap:

Paypal is going to fight the charge-back for us. So far I been happy using paypal as our merchant account for the last 5 years. For $30 a month,no monthly contract and no terminals to buy its been working great for us.,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts