Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who uses an (Android) app to accept credit card?

What do you use, and what do you like/dislike about it?

·
Thread Killer
185 Posts
I use Square on the droid, very useful. My only issue is that it swivels around in the headphone jack when you are swiping a card. Not a real problem though.

They start you out with a $1000 limit but you can get the limit raised by just calling them.

·
Remodeling Contractor
43 Posts
We use intuit for our credit card processing which is through our quickbooks accounting programing. They offer an android app their program is called GoPayment. The program processes the card with a swiper attachment that goes in the headphone jack just like the other person spoke of. Our attachment actually locks down on top of the phone so it doesn't swivel. Hope this helps.

·
Archbishop of Titipu
86 Posts
Square is easy to get going while Go Payment requires all sorts of info,, ssn, credit checks, all this has kept me squarely in Square's corner :thumbup: I mean, why should I have to be credit approved for my customers to pay me? Whatever

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
I just got intuit. Tried it out yesterday for the first time. Works well so far. It comes with a visa debt card for easy cash removal or can get direct deposit into checking account. And it was free to get, always a bonus! Came really quickly after I ordered it. Customer service seems to be good, had to call to get credit increase.

Either way, I think accepting credit cards is going to help buisness. Any thing to one up the competition!!!

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
I use Square on the droid, very useful. My only issue is that it swivels around in the headphone jack when you are swiping a card. Not a real problem though.

They start you out with a $1000 limit but you can get the limit raised by just calling them.

Good to know about the limit, I want to get one but have a 5k and then a 10k to run, I'll call them first.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I had no problem with transactions over $1000.00. It seems like I remember something about it if it was being deposited in a personal account instead of business.

I don't process many CCs, maybe 1 or 2 a month so Square has worked well for me.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went ahead and signed up with Square. I only get asked about CCs 3-4 times a year.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Look carefully at the fees, conditions, and minimums Ken.

I'm stuck for another 3 years leasing a mobile processor at $35 per month and minimum monthly charge fees, or pay nearly $60 a month. My personal banker arranged this.....

I haven't taken a CC for payment in 2 years, but am stuck since I was stupid enough to sign up the old fashioned way.

Hopefully there is a newer system, but just....beware and read the fine print.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look carefully at the fees, conditions, and minimums Ken.

I'm stuck for another 3 years leasing a mobile processor at $35 per month and minimum monthly charge fees, or pay nearly $60 a month. My personal banker arranged this.....

I haven't taken a CC for payment in 2 years, but am stuck since I was stupid enough to sign up the old fashioned way.

Hopefully there is a newer system, but just....beware and read the fine print.
2.75% per transaction. Can't get much simpler than that.

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
I just got my intuit (go payment) last week. I swiped my credit card to see how it works. Seems to work very well. 2.75% per swipe or 3 something % if i manually enter the credit card numbers. If any customer want to pay by credit card I am going to charge them 3% that way I am not stuck paying the fees. I got a 5k limit but I already called and got it raised, just in case! Came with a visa debit card to get money out. Not really sure if I am going to like that. What if I need to take 10k out? What kind of fees is that going to be?? Still investigating that part of it. But its pretty cool to be able to take credit cards now. I feel so high tech!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just raise your prices by 3% across the board, that way the CC peeps don't get bent out of shape over the extra 3% and you can give the 3% percent to the cash/check payers and still be at your original prices.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts