Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Create a new page but do not name it, leave it blank.

Goto customize and select set static front page. Now select the one you made but didnt name

Now goto menu, select "links" enter your url, name it "home" add it to your menu.

Set your widgets.

that is how I do it,

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
If it were me I would put your efforts into using the "responsive" theme, have someone theme it for you, then build your site.

the 2012 wont cut it without it being themed anyhow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks JBM that worked great. This is my first website, but strongly thinking about changing theme. I kind of want my stie to look similar to some of the other construction site I have seen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it were me I would put your efforts into using the "responsive" theme, have someone theme it for you, then build your site.

the 2012 wont cut it without it being themed anyhow.
I dont really know anyone who builds websites, but I seen lots of themes but do not know which ones I choose from. My site does look boring.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
There are a few guys around here who build sites. It will be well worth your money to have someone that does it for a living make you one.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
It looks like you named your page you created "home" , . If you leave it blank you can remove the word "home" on your home page, no one wants to see that.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Responsive is a good one if you theme it. You could take a look on themeforest.com for a blog/magazine theme, or corporate one. The U-design theme is amazing, although ambitious. So is Avada. Ive been wanting to play with those for a while.

·
Registered
529 Posts
wordpress is a piece of sh*t. Make a simple html site and link to a wordpress blog or facebook.
Now, Now... lol. It's actually a good solution for a small business owner. Nothing wrong with your suggestion either though if someone only needs a small site.

I would not recommend a Theme Forest theme unless you will be running it in some sort of framework. Spend a little bit, buy Genesis and a Child Theme. It's updated frequently, has some features that make things easier for a DIY'er and has a very active development community so there will always be help around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts