Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
Custom
13,097 Posts
The employees aren't in 200% demand. If I owned the mill I'd look at instituting a bonus program for this time period but they aren't partners. Also - you give em extra bonuses they will expect extra bonuses. Lower on the totem pole the harder that is to get them to understand this is a special deal it won't happen again, imo
You missed it... more demand means more work, especially in a labor shortage (as one of the reasons for the "shortage") which should translate into more pay for the employees downstream...

Be interesting to see how it all plays out...

·
Super Moderator
27,257 Posts
You missed it... more demand means more work, especially in a labor shortage (as one of the reasons for the "shortage") which should translate into more pay for the employees downstream...

Be interesting to see how it all plays out...
They won't have any problems keeping hands

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Stopped by the pool and spa place today. No hot tubs, spas, above ground pools until next year.

Filters out of stock with no delivery date.
I've noticed a total lack of bbq grills around here. HD, Lowe's or all the other places that are usually stacked to the gills have very few.

Not sure if it is due to people buying them out with a stimulus money, or lack of production.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: griz

·
Radical Basement Dweller
24,957 Posts
I've noticed a total lack of bbq grills around here. HD, Lowe's or all the other places that are usually stacked to the gills have very few.

Not sure if it is due to people buying them out with a stimulus money, or lack of production.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Total opposite ove here.
Was in a Lowe's last week and they were all over the place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just paid 8 dollars a piece for 8' 2 by 4s. I did a deck recently and had to pay $55 for 10' 2 by 12 treated. What's crazy is the same thing in 2 by 10 is half the price. So I paid double for the extra two inches lol

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just paid 8 dollars a piece for 8' 2 by 4s. I did a deck recently and had to pay $55 for 10' 2 by 12 treated. What's crazy is the same thing in 2 by 10 is half the price. So I paid double for the extra two inches lol
I bet you would pay a lot more than that for two extra inches😁

·
Pro
5,159 Posts
Yep, white 4" stud is about $1 lf.

We have a labor shortage in my area. Typically, we're the healthiest home market in the state, but it's worse than it has been in past. Labor is going up, and it should, the demand is there.

The GC on the development my framing crew is camped out on, is asking us to use some of the concrete formwork for truss bracing, etc. He's also asking for a labor number on stick framing the panelized walls we've been doing on this site. Trying to save a buck here and there to ease the pain on the sell side.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Residential Framing, Post Frame Buildings, Garages
1,153 Posts
Just got notice a couple days ago, 2x4x16spf going up from 15.95 to 21.50 effective early next week.

Paid almost $70 for 2x12x16 Doug fir on the last pole barn we did. Told the guys do NOT screw any of those up.

Last week I shipped and tarped framing packages to cover the rest of the jobs I have for May.
Some colors of the steel roofing and siding we use alot of are getting hard to come by, the owner of my main roofing place told me the coils he has ordered are stuck on a ship somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Radical Basement Dweller
24,957 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
24,957 Posts
161 - 180 of 210 Posts