Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Pro
5,445 Posts
My overhead door company has no idea when when I'll get one. All four of their suppliers are backed up.

"Who knows when", is the answer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
My door I ordered in January has finally come in. Now I need to find some non existent time to install it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: META

·
Super Moderator
27,546 Posts
My overhead door company has no idea when when I'll get one. All four of their suppliers are backed up.

"Who knows when", is the answer.

Clopay sent me an email saying 6 months. I'm using overhead door company and been seeing 12 weeks

Reactions: lalalemon

·
Super Moderator
27,546 Posts
Was able to get deposit back from clopay and order through overhead door in March, 12x18. Client has a ****ing POS temp door keeping the weather off two Porches and a Gwagon and have an August delivery date. She's real happy with me lol

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,689 Posts

·
Pro
5,445 Posts
Clopay sent me an email saying 6 months. I'm using overhead door company and been seeing 12 weeks
Overhead door. Their delivery was scheduled 6/1 with a 6 week lead time.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Was able to get deposit back from clopay and order through overhead door in March, 12x18. Client has a ****ing POS temp door keeping the weather off two Porches and a Gwagon and have an August delivery date. She's real happy with me lol
View attachment 512651
In my world we call a temp door a tarp.

·
Pro
5,445 Posts
We had half of a fresh bunk of OSB walk off the site last weekend (around$1,500 value here). Then later this week we noticed some 2x6s laying on the street at a 90 degree corner.

Noticed dually tires near the material stacks. There is a new crew on this development, and one drives a dually, but no one saw anything.

·
Super Moderator
27,546 Posts
In my world we call a temp door a tarp.

Only ever come up once, and I built a temp wall with a man door in it for that 2 weeks. This is two monthes, and I don't think framing it in with plywood or a tarp to close off a finished garage with a finished floor, drywall, trim etc.... housing 5-600k in cars, 2 on lifts would get me many referrals after 8 weeks. I like referals from that kind of client, so I got my door guy to find some mismatched panels and install with the jackshaft opener.ooks like chit but they can hit a button and it opens so I'm not as big a POS as I would of been if she was listening to the wind bang a tarp around for 16-17% of a year lol

·
Pro
5,445 Posts
Ordered flooring. Supplier said the manufacturer was actually switching over to produce the product in the U.S. instead of China. Still shipped me a mixed make from both countries. Hopefully I can isolate any slight color difference.

Also had a new box that was around 60% full. First time the supplier has seen this in his over 20 years experience selling floor coverings.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Only ever come up once, and I built a temp wall with a man door in it for that 2 weeks. This is two monthes, and I don't think framing it in with plywood or a tarp to close off a finished garage with a finished floor, drywall, trim etc.... housing 5-600k in cars, 2 on lifts would get me many referrals after 8 weeks. I like referals from that kind of client, so I got my door guy to find some mismatched panels and install with the jackshaft opener.ooks like chit but they can hit a button and it opens so I'm not as big a POS as I would of been if she was listening to the wind bang a tarp around for 16-17% of a year lol
We roll in two completely different worlds.

Yeah, I would used a camo tarp, so no one could see it.

281 - 300 of 309 Posts