Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,689 Posts
So after this is all over and prices come down some, because we know they won't come back to where they were. What is going to happen to all of those mortgages when they go underwater for value of the house vs outstanding loan due.

·
Registered
13,936 Posts
I have an older network of subcontractors and my electrician has been working on a retirement home the last few years in PA.

He said the cost escalated 47k since December.

·
Super Moderator
27,546 Posts
So after this is all over and prices come down some, because we know they won't come back to where they were. What is going to happen to all of those mortgages when they go underwater for value of the house vs outstanding loan due.
Real estate in general has gone up literally 30% in this area and 12 months. Now comps are carrying.. The banks would make a fortune.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Plywood is cheaper here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Talked to some fence guys today.

They said they can almost do clear cedar fence boards for the same price as tight knot.

·
Super Moderator
24,651 Posts
As of today i can still get it for just under $65....

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Just got an email from my glass supplier.

Quotes good for one day. No volume discounts. 10 percent additional surcharge, 50 percent on some items.

Expect it to last until 2022.

Sweet.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,985 Posts
Poured a real small footing today.

Concrete hasn’t gone up. Mixer driver and I were talking about prices, and I told him I’m gonna start building out of concrete and block exclusively till lumber comes down. 🤣🤣

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Just got an email from my glass supplier.

Quotes good for one day. No volume discounts. 10 percent additional surcharge, 50 percent on some items.

Expect it to last until 2022.

Sweet.

So far my local window manufacter is still hold good on his prices.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's gonna help! Glad to see they have been predicting a recession so long they have to make it themselves. $100 a sheet for 3/4 T&G and $68 for birch 3/4, I may have a cabinet grade subfloor in my addition! My close rate was about 80% and I'm down to about 50%, everyone wants to move forward but can't justify the 30-40% increase in a year. Good thing Trumps gone this place has too much cash.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Also MA just proposed a going back to work stimulus $400 to get a job, $400 to stay 6 months, $400 if you stay a year. Yes I'm serious. They made things so bad we need to pay people to get a job. I'm to the point of selling everything and moving somewhere that get nailed with hurricanes. Wife can work from home and I'll cut grass at a golf course or something.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,689 Posts
How about take away all the unemployment benefits and have them pay $20 to get an interview for a job.

261 - 280 of 309 Posts