Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Huh, never heard of someone just doing garages lol

That's interesting. A lot of metal buildings here though
There are quite a few companies around here that only specialize in garages

maybe it has something to do with having a lot of older houses that weren’t originally built with garages or they were built in the 40s-50s with really tiny one car garages

obviously all new homes have garages but there is still a lot of potential for companies to only specializing in new and rebuilding garages

Also there are no metal buildings until you get out in the sticks

David

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Send a bunch of People home and send them more money than they made when they had a job plus give them bigger return checks and stimmy checks and you can bet Johnnie homeowner will add on to his double wide or build a deck. Saw a bunch of it, home depot had 400 people A-day in it during the shutdown, always packed.
Yes, the door and window companies that I do work for have never been busier., All the homeowners that are working from home saving tons of money on commuting and business related expenses are putting tons of money into their houses

Plus most people did not take a vacation last year so they had all that extra money as well. Even during lock down Home Depot was one of the busiest stores around. I went to Home Depot several times needing to pick stuff up where I had to stand outside because they were at capacity and I had to wait for people to leave

David

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,688 Posts
There are quite a few companies around here that only specialize in garages

maybe it has something to do with having a lot of older houses that weren’t originally built with garages or they were built in the 40s-50s with really tiny one car garages

obviously all new homes have garages but there is still a lot of potential for companies to only specializing in new and rebuilding garages

Also there are no metal buildings until you get out in the sticks

David
Some of them single car garages are crazy tiny. Barely enough room for the car let alone open the door to get in and out.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hone depot seriously pizzed me off with how they handled this pandemic nonsense. I went from 3 times a week customer to not stepping foot in there for 8 months.
"Sorry sir, this entrance is for our PRO CONTRACTOR CLIENT MEMBERS"

dafuq you talking about? I'm a contractor, even got my license on a little i.d. card that the city gives me, now get outta my way.

Sorry sir, you have to use the homeowner entrance unless your a certified "Pro Customer"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,688 Posts
Tinfoil hat - they are trying to destroy the system.

·
Registered
Remodel
29,519 Posts
Some of them single car garages are crazy tiny. Barely enough room for the car let alone open the door to get in and out.
Plenty of room for a Model-T.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Funny story about that. There's a model T sized garage on a farm a town or two over. I guess the farmer had a little too much, and decided he could park his tractor in there. Fit in fine, until the stack hut the building and bent.

He just put a can over the stack, and left it there all winter. Nose in, the rest out.

·
3 Jacks 2 Nines
501 Posts
train robbery anyone??? 🤣🤣🤣😭

I see a gang of framers tearing after the beast on motorcycles with hard hats on, bags strapped and nail guns firing... yeehaw!

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,688 Posts
Denying it doesn't mean you are not guilty of the crime.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The lumber prices don’t bother me on future job bidding but I’m getting screwed on jobs where I’m getting permits issued after all the price hikes

·
Registered
Custom
13,179 Posts
The lumber prices don’t bother me on future job bidding but I’m getting screwed on jobs where I’m getting permits issued after all the price hikes
Consider putting in a materials escalation clause into your contract...

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,688 Posts
241 - 260 of 308 Posts