Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
My lumber salesman said they expect prices to keep rising until November. TJI & LVL just jumped 30% here and 2x4 is $9.99 ay the yard right now. Im told the jump in plywood is because Brazil and China are the two main suppliers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No shortage of logs, they are just all for export. No investment in new or keeping older plywood mills operating just screwed us all. Over $50 for 1/2" CDX here in SW Washington State.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Re-pricing out a small porch I looked at in the fall - 2x12x12 is $52.81 this week, up from $38.13 in Nov

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Pricing out a diy plank.

2x12x20 and a couple 2x4x20. 125 bucks.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Pricing out a diy plank.

2x12x20 and a couple 2x4x20. 125 bucks.

I didn’t pay much more than that for this a little over a year ago (~$180). I sold all my 500 pounders and was working on replacing them with 250 #ers. This one was as far as I got though.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
A 20' aluminum is now 750 bucks. That was my first choice.

Not at that price. If you can even find one.

I have one, just need a back up for a wider path for safety.

Guess my cat like reflexes will have to do.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
A 20' aluminum is now 750 bucks. That was my first choice.

Not at that price. If you can even find one.

I have one, just need a back up for a wider path for safety.

Guess my cat like reflexes will have to do.

A 32’ ladder on top of ladder jacks works well.

Provided you put plywood on it, over the rungs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I talked to a roofer about redoing my pole barn last summer. Held off figuring steel would go down by this summer.
Stupid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
I talked to a roofer about redoing my pole barn last summer. Held off figuring steel would go down by this summer.
Stupid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
you may not even be able to get it, there is someone near me who has a pole bard completely framed since October, has no idea if it will come in at all. Special order and they will not give him his money back

HD here- OSB $46. 2x4x8 $10 all triple the price from last year

·
Pro
5,445 Posts
I bought 24 boxes of these on 4/26 for $36.53 from HD. They were running a good discount from their list price, but man this is nuts. 4k count. $350 savings from today's bulk price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Just bought one sheet of 5/8 cdx and 6 10 foot brick molds.

240 bucks.

Took the plywood back tonight. We doubled some 3/8 cdx we had on hand. It worked for what we were doing.

1 2x6x8 - 15 bucks. I passed.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I didn't catch his name, but one of the R senators today said the mills never fully recovered from 08-09 (!?). Between covid border restrictions and new demand, they're behind because they don't have added capacity to put online.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,985 Posts
Right now I can get T1-11 for around $50/sheet.

I have two shops going up using that.

I don’t really like the look and window flashing details are a bichh, but at that price........

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
$59 for 1/2 osb today. Said they will only guarantee for 1 day on a quote.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,604 Posts
Was looking at a job a few days ago, that would require 15 roof trusses, 12/12 cathedral, 28' span. Called lumber guy and tried to coax a guess from him. I asked if it would be $3000? $4000? He responded that with the way things are, he needed to get a real quote.

$5800
For 15 trusses

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bid a 16 unit townhouse (2 buildings) project in early January (as GC). Naturally, developer was shocked at the price! My framing number was about $500k. After screwing around for 6 weeks, the developer figured out that maybe my price wasn't so bad. However, since I had an escalation clause in my bid, I could re-price. Sub's price went up by $175k. And yes, he could (mostly) justify it. Here we go again.
Nice. Well done.

181 - 200 of 309 Posts