Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Get this guys,

Building beautiful cabinet for daughter's bedroom on a beautiful Florida sunny day. My No job, no hobby, bi-polar, beer-guzzling, pot smoking at the time live-in (baby mama) proceeded to tell me in one long, screaming, One Hour run-on sentence that it was my time to babysit and her time to go to the bar. To put it into perspective, the decibles of her screaming way over powered that of my Dewalt 10" table saw. The last three seconds of that sentence, I could not take any longer, looked over my shoulder and shouted "No *&*&^^&%&**" (fill in whatever expletive you want...any will do).... Looking down I realized one of my fingers was hanging by a sliver of skin and my tablesaw, which was covered in blood, was holding my other finger for me. After all that, she still would not drive me to the hospital, so I packed my sawed-off finger and flipped her off as I walked my A$$ five blocks to the emergency room.

Today, my fingers are fine....except one of them is missing a finger nail...it would have been okay, if I didn't bite off the first little recovery growth of nail...oh well, it still works....

P.S. Me and My Daughter are no longer with psycho. and i always turn off the tool during conversation

·
ampman
783 Posts
when you fliped her off i hope it was with your good finger

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
You shoulda kicked her in the balls....she has a big set.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have my life, my daughter, and my freedom so far. A 2-pound squeeze of my 45 could have wrecked my life and my daughter's life. It became appearent that what was best for my daughter was to get her out of a bad situation. But now I am blessed with everything that is good for me. And she doesn't even call to see how her daughter is. Now the guns are for hunting and the fishing rods are for fishing and work is for workin'. And all I wanna do is be a daddy.

"Life is too short to make two-second decisions."

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
You are to be commended for thinking about your daughter, when so many guys just skip out.

Any guy can father a child but it takes a man to be a daddy.
Ain't that the truth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have my life, my daughter, and my freedom so far. A 2-pound squeeze of my 45 could have wrecked my life and my daughter's life. It became appearent that what was best for my daughter was to get her out of a bad situation. But now I am blessed with everything that is good for me. And she doesn't even call to see how her daughter is. Now the guns are for hunting and the fishing rods are for fishing and work is for workin'. And all I wanna do is be a daddy.
per J&M
Damn straight, I have 4 daughters and a son and let me tell you 3 are teenagers 2 girls and the young man in training is in the middle, we still talk and he and I are close but it seems my daughters need their daddy much more now that they are growing older and maturing, you did exactly as you should
you assess the situation identify all the tasks at hand identify all of the hazards present to workers (and in this case sounds like your daughter could end up having a tough work day with her mom) once the first two steps are done you explain how you intend on eliminating the hazards :) truly an individual that knows that there is a difference between being a father and being a Dad

Salute to you

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have a buddy who's a machinist that played the bass in a little blues band we had a long time ago. He got his ring finger caught in a lathe and took the tip of it off. When he was telling me about it on the phone, he just said that he wouldn't be able to play because he'd cut his finger off. I said Damn man, the whole finger? He said naw, the one next to it. :eek::laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts