Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking at a damaged floor of a home/pole barn - the subfloor is rotten and about to fall through in a couple areas, and the floor joists are (some, very) moldy. In the back left and right corner of the crawl, there are two large pools of water - possibly from where the rainwater collects and does not flow away from the home. What are some approaches to fixing the water shed problem? Will venting the crawl space do much for the two large pools of water, or is this something an excavator needs to be called in to do? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Shop vac up the standing water. regrade the yard to get water to flow away from foundation. Put roof drain into flexible black 4" pipe and redirect down slope and away from foundation. Repair any foundation cracks. Add vents if there aren't any or not enough. dehumidify area. Then work on rem /repl floor and floor joists.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
This is in the wrong section as this has nothing to do with flooring. I walked from a pretty good sized job sort of similar to this--it was built by someone in one trade that didn't have any idea about the other trades, so I didn't need the brain damage at fixing their stuff as got burned out on that crap. Not to mention the dollars stacking up for the owner....

Maybe post this in the GD section?
Maybe just pass on this and do the flooring later?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.