Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my painting tools in a big gray tub. Today, I parked on the street and set it on the grass next to my truck. The garbage men came and threw all my tools away.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
That really does suck, but I think in no time you will actually be laughing about it. You have to admit that it does have some value as a "sit-com" moment at your expense.:laughing:

Usually I am the one to accidentally throw my OWN tools away.;)

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,811 Posts
When my wife & I were moving into our house her cousin packed all of her shoes into garbage bags--3 full size bags worth--and placed them next to the garbage bags going to the dump. To this day she won't let me live it down.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,393 Posts
When my wife & I were moving into our house her cousin packed all of her shoes into garbage bags--3 full size bags worth--and placed them next to the garbage bags going to the dump. To this day she won't let me live it down.
From what I've heard, that may be grounds for therapy with some women.

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
That was probably the 3 most expensive garbage bags you'll ever toss out.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Women and their shoes! You are lucky to have made it out with your life on that one! No I don't get it either.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Women and their shoes! You are lucky to have made it out with your life on that one! No I don't get it either.
*Ahem*!

Some men are just as bad!

Personally, I don't get the shoe thing either. I have two pairs; one for church and one for everything else.

Back to the OP, when I read your post, I gasped. That really is a kick in the pants. :(

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
My (male) roommate is only allowed to have 2 pairs of shoes by the door. The other dozen pairs have to stay on a rack upstairs in his room.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to choke somebody. But a gray bin full of old stuff covered in paint? It DOES look like garbage. I can't even be mad at them!

On the bright side, I get to go tool shopping. :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Speaking of losing all your tools...you get a call to estimate. You go over to there (not the classiest of neighborhoods). While you're there doing the fake set up estimate, they take every tool out of your van. Ouch!

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Speaking of losing all your tools...you get a call to estimate. You go over to there (not the classiest of neighborhoods). While you're there doing the fake set up estimate, they take every tool out of your van. Ouch!
luckily brushes and rollers are cheap. :laughing:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you come back to the truck to find the grey EMPTY bin? Or did they take that too?
I came back and found the gray bin thrown on its side without so much as an old Home Depot receipt in the bottom. I'm debating whether I should still use it. Maybe this is a sign to organize my tools better. I'm also working on the wording for what I might stencil on the side of the bin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts