Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, came into the shop first thing on Monday to find one of our company vehicles was messed with and one of our Siding Brakes gone.

As sucky as Mondays are known to be, this just topped the cake.

Called the police, made a report--Called all the area pawn shops to put the word out,...

Then, posted an add on craigslist for a reward for the return of our brake....While I was on craigslist still, figured why the heck not put an add seeing how I haven't done so in quite some time-and low and behold--got an email from a lady who wants to replace all the windows in the house.

The good thing is, in the ad right away I let them know if they are looking for a "50% off of our already discounted prices" or "I'll beat your lowest bid by 10%" type of deal, to keep in mind--that my company is licensed, insured and will do the job right the first time around.--Also mentioned "god forbid you hire some weekend-warrior contractor that leaves their house in worse condition then when he started" type of comment.

To get a response after that, I'm hoping that it might in fact somewhat eliminate the low-baller seeker and produce a decent lead from time to time.

I'll keep you posted and see where it goes.:thumbsup:

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
You should put an ad on CL looking to purchase a brake, make it sound desperate, cash only type of deal. Maybe you will run into your old one!

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
You should put an ad on CL looking to purchase a brake, make it sound desperate, cash only type of deal. Maybe you will run into your old one!

:laughing: That's where I thought this was heading.

Good job on qualifying yourself on CL. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've thought about using craigslist too, I did go to a house where a guy was looking for the cheapest siding possible, and had called everyone he could on craigslist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts