Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CL may be the epitome of all that is wrong in the world....but does it also have to have a 3rd grade education?

The interface is horrible...agreed?

Try www.craiglook.com instead:

...now you find what's wrong with the world so much betterer :laughing:

·
Banned
77 Posts
CL may be the epitome of all that is wrong in the world....but does it also have to have a 3rd grade education?

Try www.craiglook.com instead:

...now you find what's wrong with the world so much better :laughing:
:clap:thanks for the CL up dates..... by the way do have the CL AUTO POSTER BY CHANCE????/ IM LOOKING FOR ONE :party:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
by the way do have the CL AUTO POSTER BY CHANCE????/ IM LOOKING FOR ONE :party:
I'm going to guess that he does not have one....:laughing:

Reactions: Celtic

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,958 Posts
Nope. But then I can remember 300 baud modems.

I know you're kidding (right?) with this, but I happen to think that CL has the right idea for the interface. Glitz is superfluous; data is what it's all about.

Now as for whether it's good or bad data, that's another argument... :thumbsup:

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.... I happen to think that CL has the right idea for the interface. Glitz is superfluous; data is what it's all about.

People seem to overlook this. Everything has to have flash and a dog & pony show.

Just give me the info I'm looking for. I can be dazzled with bullsh!t by my wife.

...which leads us to the Wendy's "Flair" commercial:

...which leads us to our own demographic preferences.....
Do you target the "flair crowd" or the "plain-jane crowd"?

...and a completely different thread too!
:laughing:

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,958 Posts
...which leads us to the Wendy's "Flair" commercial:
...which leads us to our own demographic preferences.....
Do you target the "flair crowd" or the "plain-jane crowd"?
Have to pass on the YouTube thing; I'm in the middle of a system rebuild and don't have Flash installed yet.

But I'd have to say I'm very much in the "plain-jane" venue. I deal in practical solutions to practical problems, and don't have much time for the posturing segment. It's a limitation I don't lose too much sleep over.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have to pass on the YouTube thing...

I'm sure you've seen Wendy's latest commercial with the guy running a plate of wings out....as the price increases for all the flair and decor.
That's the vid.

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,770 Posts
Nope. But then I can remember 300 baud modems.

I know you're kidding (right?) with this, but I happen to think that CL has the right idea for the interface. Glitz is superfluous; data is what it's all about.

300 baud... CompuServe... and BBS's :laughing:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i remember the early 90s (well sort of) If you sent someone a pic in email it would usualy lock up and if someone sent you something without warning you couldnt do anything for 15 mins or more lol

My cousin atill has dial up and i always forget and send stuff that takes her 2 hours to DL

The town Im in just got CL a few weeks ago and so far its all spam and scam....I'm oldskool i still pick up a thrifty nickel every week and read the local newspaper (all 4 pages)

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
My first was a 9600, played alot of multiplayer games on her until I upgraded to the blazing fast 14400. Damn i'm young!

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I remember the 300 baud as well. Then we went to the BLAZING 1200 onto the SCREAMING 2400 onto 9600, 14400, 28800, 48000 <-- (56K that never goes above 53K if your line is PERFECT)

Trade wars 2002 Who played? I was playing about 1.5 years ago with a basic telnet setup. There are still people out there who play it. However most of them run scripts and don't really play.

Legend of the red dragon?

Blademaster?

Crossroads of the elements?

Yankee trader?

Many a day was spent on my VT220 dumb terminal and the 2400 baud playing TW2002 on a ton of local BBS's with the yellow/orange screen.

I like the layout of craigslist its simple and makes it quick to navigate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts