Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check mybtable saw so many times everytime I rip a filler for cabinets. The blade moves a 1/16 to 1/8 on the motor. Causing not a perfect rip
Any ideas
Or Time for a new one should I go with a Dewalt or Bosch saw

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
44,599 Posts
Directfinish said:
I check mybtable saw so many times everytime I rip a filler for cabinets. The blade moves a 1/16 to 1/8 on the motor. Causing not a perfect rip
Any ideas
Or Time for a new one should I go with a Dewalt or Bosch saw

Thanks
Bosch gets my vote. :thumbsup: I've just never had that much luck with anything DeWalt

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yep---motor bearing is shot----Size does matter---I like the DeWalt one---compact--tough enough and accurate--

I need small because of the number of tools I pack around.

I also beat the heck out of things and that one has held up well.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
When I first started my business I bought a $199 craftsman table saw. I Had to clamp the fence and measure to make sure it was square for every different cut and also started up so hard the blade would warp enough momentarily to nick the insert. Finally dropped the $600 on the bosch with the gravity rise stand and couldn't be happier (been a year or two).

·
Registered
Remodel
32,177 Posts
The old cast iron belt drive Craftsmans were (and still are) work horses. they were heavy and the fences were terrible, but you could get a really good cut off of them, and they weren't too bad to spruce up..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.