Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen this table saw Craftsman 10" Jobsite Table Saw with Folding Stand (28463)for 289.00. Looks just as good a dewalt
So my question is that any of you pro's work with a craftsman table saw? I know you pay what you get for but there is so much for on this Craftsman 10" Jobsite Table Saw with Folding Stand (28463)

·
Always Learning
8,716 Posts
We have an older "portable" one with folding legs. It's very heavy. It works ok. We just purchased the baby Dewalt and that one is so much nicer. It's lighter, smaller, more accurate. We deemed the Dewalt one is for trim and cabinetry. The craftsman will be our framing/rough use saw until it dies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
overanalyze said:
We have an older "portable" one with folding legs. It's very heavy. It works ok. We just purchased the baby Dewalt and that one is so much nicer. It's lighter, smaller, more accurate. We deemed the Dewalt one is for trim and cabinetry. The craftsman will be our framing/rough use saw until it dies.
Thanks I'll do the same

·
Board Shortener
235 Posts
The fence is what makes or breaks these saws. IMO, the dewalt has the best fence in this class, hands down. The gear drive makes fence adjustments incredibly easy. After using it for the last few years, going back to the crappy cheap fences on other brands isn't even an option.

·
Champion Thread Derailer
1,228 Posts
Many moons ago, Craftsman made a fairly nice table saw, at least one that would do the job fairly adequately. I'm not so sure about now, though.

If I were you, Direct, I would spend the extra bucks and get the Dewalt, or the Bosch. You will not be let down. I have the Dewalt and love it!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I too started with a craftsman... It really couldn't hold up to professional use.

That was years ago so I can only imagine how junk the new ones are..

I vote no

·
BIRKHIMER BROS. INC.
13 Posts
Have the fold up Bosch saw for about 3 years now and think it's a good saw for the money.like the table slide extension for cutting sheathing,also serves as a nice work table .fence is strong and accurate,and the motor runs smooth but a little noisy,only downfall was air tires kept going flat so I put on a pair of hard tires.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My first job in high school was in the Sears tool department. That was 25 years ago. Craftsman power tools sucked then, and they suck more now! Hand tools were good, though. I have a DeWalt 735, and love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts