Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I've search through the forums and haven't seen much talk about craftjack.com . I did however see servicemagic ripped apart ... but apparently craftjack is a bit different.

They claim to only charge you for the lead if the Home Owner themselves requested it and if its a good number/address... otherwise they will credit you back.

Anyways just looking at where I should spend my marketing budget, I know that traditional marketing is the solid way to go with SEO, fixing up the website, and other promotional tools... but ran into this craftjack stuff and was interested.

Anybody here hear of them or use them? Do you recommend them? Thanks guys I look forward to hearing your responses...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weird I searched and searched the forums and didnt catch that... sounds like you guys are getting some good feedback... looks like I'll be signing up tomorrow with you guys

·
Registered
73 Posts
weird I searched and searched the forums and didnt catch that... sounds like you guys are getting some good feedback... looks like I'll be signing up tomorrow with you guys
If you decide to give it a shot, please send me your feedback or any questions you have. I'm the CEO so I should be able take action based on the feedback ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should be able take action based on the feedback ;)
Hey so I ended up signing up with Craftjack, I like your online portal a lot... to the point I'm trying to find software that can help me manage my other leads in the same format that craftjack does. I like the check list, quick access to calendar (would be cool to sync to google calendar), everything seems to be simple and straight forward... I'd love to use it with my other leads... any potential for this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. We are actually working on just that! we have gotten a lot of requests just like yours and we are in the process of making the Lead Manager a stand-alone product that you can use to manage ALL of your leads in one place. The the lead gen service would be called CraftJack Profiles and would be built around your online profile page which we would match to potential clients, much like we do now.

I think the lead manager should be ready in about 2-3 more months. I'll keep you posted as we get closer to finishing it.

Thanks for the good feedback so far!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I talked with one of their sales reps and was pretty impressed. I decided to give CraftJack a shot and signed up.

I purchased 7 leads and only got ONE response from one homeowner who said they were looking for quotes so they could save up enough money for a new roof in a year.

I called all but one of the leads within 30 minutes of receiving the lead and sent them all emails, too.

The icing on the cake was that I changed PO boxes/billing addresses for my business. I needed to update my billing address so I could pay them for the last two leads I received and I couldn't even get them to call me back.

I got better results from Contractor.com which is pathetic since I won't even use them anymore.

Don't waste your time or money with these guys.

·
Residential Repaints
11 Posts
Just so you know Craft Jack was recently acquired by Service Magic or Home Advisor now...
Thanks. I did not know that. I was always pleased with the service I got from Local Painter Quotes and Craftjack. It will be interesting to seenwhat happens now that Service Magic has taken over. Those guys are crooks. :mad:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I talked with one of their sales reps and was pretty impressed. I decided to give CraftJack a shot and signed up.

I purchased 7 leads and only got ONE response from one homeowner who said they were looking for quotes so they could save up enough money for a new roof in a year.

I called all but one of the leads within 30 minutes of receiving the lead and sent them all emails, too.

The icing on the cake was that I changed PO boxes/billing addresses for my business. I needed to update my billing address so I could pay them for the last two leads I received and I couldn't even get them to call me back.

I got better results from Contractor.com which is pathetic since I won't even use them anymore.

Don't waste your time or money with these guys.
I think this post is a great example of how forums like this tend to only show one side of the story and how the blame is ALWAYS passed to the lead gen company regardless of the situation.

I am the CEO of CraftJack and after reading this post I wanted to investigate more as I KNOW we have the most responsive account managers in the industry. After reading this post, I looked up Bryan's account and saw these notes left by the account managers:

----------
8/21/12 - Noah:
Intro and Profile.

9/5/12 - Noah:
Called Bryan to talk about leads and his account. Left vm. Tried back later in the day, still no answer. Told him he can always email me a time to call him and I would.

9/7/12 - Noah:
Called Bryan back. Left another vm.

10/23/12 - Noah:
Left vm.

11/29/12 - Noah:
Brian read the info I sent him about lead gen and follow up process. He wants to try again. I am handing this account over to Kate.

11/29/12- Kate:
-Noah gave me this older account that left us and came back. He was upset previously and left because he wasn't getting in contact with leads, however Noah said his follow up process hasn't been great. He sent him some articles and he came back saying that he read the articles and wants to try us out again. He mentioned to Noah that he wanted 10 leads. He has an unpaid invoice that needs to be settled before he can start. Noah would like me to review his account the 15th and the 30th- to check up and see how it is going. Bryan has all his insurance and license information entered in. His profile is all set-up too. I gave Bryan a call and left a voice mail. I also sent a follow-up email.

------------

It appears to me that we had made a very aggressive attempt to contact you and left you multiple voicemails that were not returned. It seems like we eventually reached you to try it again, but for some reason you did not give it another shot.

One of the other things that is different about our service is our built-in call tracking that tracks every call made to every lead. We build this so contractors can monitor their follow up process with leads and improve how fast they call and how often the follow up with leads. We also built it so we can monitor credit requests and complaints and look at the actual call data for each lead.

When looking at the call tracking for the 9 leads we sent you, I see that only 6 leads were called (3 were never called at all). Of those 6, 5 were called within 30 minutes, one was called within an hour and a half (not great, but could be worse). The main problem I see is that ALL of the leads you called were only called one time. There were no follow up calls placed to any of the leads we sent you.

We are a very flexible company and we give credits for leads that are bad and we are very flexible with leads that can't be reached. But we also need to see that there was a real follow up effort made to contact the leads. Placing one call and then hoping a homeowner calls you back is not a good follow-up process, especially if there are a few contractors matched with the lead and most of them are making multiple phone calls to that lead.

It's unfortunate that it's so easy for people to go on a public forum and post negative things about companies without the full story being tol. I think that's why there are so many negative comments about LGS services in general. People always pass the full blame on to the lead companies without ever taking even a second to examine how they are handeling the leads they are buying. This is not to say that every lead company is perfect, but there are definitely two sides to the complaints like these that are so often posted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would also be interested to see your perspective in the service magic thread.
Yeah, I have been a member of the forum for a while but was less active over the last few months as we were moving offices, hiring some new people, and expanding some trades and services we offer.

Which Service Magic thread? (I know there are a bunch). But Happy to chime in with my thoughts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice of you to show up. I think its great that you were able to put the second side to this story. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I think almost every story in life has multiple sides. I think the good thing about a forum like this is that you have the opportunity to post another side to any story. But only if you take the time to read the posts and get involved.

I like responding myself vs. having a customer service rep respond because we are a small enough company that we can do that and I think it is more authentic and less scripted.

We also try and keep very good notes on each account so we can know the full story when customer service issues like this come up and we can look back and say "what happened?" and see if we really messed up (which does sometimes happen) or if there is more to the story.

Either way, we try and look for ways to improve our service from threads like these.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, we were acquired in June of 2012 by HomeAdvisor. We will continue to operate independently in Chicago with the same vision and new ideas to improve our service for our contractors. We have a small team with lots of happy customers and a lot of cool ideas that HomeAdvisor wants us to continue supporting and they have given us the financial support to hire positions that improve the experience for our contractors (dedicated account reps, programmers to make improvements, etc). The contractors who have been working with us since before the acquisition have noticed no changes in our service.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Craftjack is ServiceMagic/HomeAdvisor

ServiceMagic now HomeAdvisor bought Craftjack last year. It is the same model except cheaper leads. Rumor has it they are going to try a hostile takeover of Angie's List.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts