Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Cracked Brick Kneewall Planter

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dom-mas 
#1 ·
I want to repair a brick kneewall planter.
I could simply remove the broken bricks; install new brick; scrape and powerwash the whole thing; seal it; and repaint it white to match the rest of the brick house.

However, I want to figure out other options that might be easier and more permanent that I might not know about - perhaps using some kind of molding materials to fill in and create faux brick to blend in with the real thing?

This is a planter and, now that deterioration has developed to this point sooner than later, the water is again going to spall and break and crumble the brick.

How can I make it last longer by sealing it; making it virtually waterproof; and match the brickwork to the rest of the house without doing the above brick replacement process?
I am contemplating making a mold of one section of the wall and using some kind of bondo expoxy to rebuild the cracked sections - and then scrape; wash; seal; and paint?

Is there new tech on how I could do this of which I am not aware?

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.