Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building condos on the lake, taught my second ex wife to run the bobcat. One of my carpenters found a 5 gal bucket full of crap and urine, Hobo or bum must of spent the night.
My carpenter put it in the bobcat bucket rather than smell it all the way to the dumpster. ex wife raised the bucket too high and tipped it back. Top of the cat was steel mesh........True story, ..... :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
She won't do that again, gaaauuurrraannteeedd!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
THis is going to sound very sexist, and it's not, but I could/would never work with my spouse. That's just TOO much togetherness. I got into a big debate about this on another forum, but I think each person needs their own space, time and individuality. Nope I don't care how bad I need the help...

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put every wife and every girlfriend I've ever had to work. If not in the office then painting, sanding, ect. Besisdes most the time they seem to really enjoy it. Bob

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I think every human being needs to work to have self respect, that's just me though. I told my fiance that even if I am wealthy enough she never has to work a day in her life she will be at the hospital or womans shelter or something as a volunteer.

I won't work with her no matter how desperate. Maybe, and that's a large maybe, she can come in from time to time and help out stuffing envelopes. I have total confidence in her ability. In no way is she a dumb woman. I just choose to NOT work with her. Like I said that's too much togetherness.

I'm not going to get into anyones private life but I can speculate as to why the person who dumped crap on herself is an ex. Perhaps it was too much togetherness for her as well.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not even close grump. We opened a resturant and she caught me in the bathroom with one of our waitresses. woops.
Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
My first wife and I worked side by side for 20 yrs. and I cherished every minute of it. Ol' #2 is in sales and comes home too early.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts