Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

CPC class

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Ayerzee 
#1 ·
has anyone ever heard of CPC accreditation? I'm going to be in a class next semester which is supposed to prepare me to take the CPC exam which my advisor said was similar to the PE exam. I spoke with the instructor of the class and he said that around here it's not really a big thing but in some places it is good thing to have and I guess you get initials put by your name...Just curious if this something that is worth going after and if anyone from somewhere else in the country has heard of it....Thanks

#3 ·
Not sure what you are talking about?

CPC - Continuing Professional Competency, which is continuing education requirements for PE's in your state, here in Oregon and 24 others

CPC - Certified Professional Constructor, which is a certification for construction managers.

And there are several others in your state but didn't figure them to be what you were talking about such as;

CPC - Certified Personal Consultant

CPC - Chest Pain Center accreditation

CPC - Certified Professional Coder, medical billing.

#5 ·
Got to admit I've never heard of it. But I'm old, and don't pay a lot of attention anymore to that sort of thing.

#7 ·
Alright cool thank you. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try to get any little star next to my name as I can as long as all of this school work is still fresh in my mind. I just needed some more info as my advisors didn't give me a whole lot of information on the certification and when I googled "CPC" I didn't get anything...Thanks for the link.

#8 ·
I'll give this thread a little bumpski.

I decided to take this CPC class this year instead of last year. Just about every contractor I've talked to at career fairs and other gatherings hasn't heard of it. I'm taking the actual 8 hour test this coming Saturday. Wish me luck, I hope it's worth the several hundred dollars :blink:

#9 ·
Hope it works out for you! If you're used to pounding your brains out for college tests you should be fine. Whatever the combo of letters are after your name, as long as they help you open doors to more business then they're worth it.

BTW, I could have loaned you a CGC from Florida since you happen to share my last name. I didn't know that I had a sitework branch in Ohio! :thumbsup:

#10 ·
I passed! my official name is now: Daniel J. Ayers, AC

I've always dreamed of having initials by my name :thumbup:. Seriously though, I think this might be a good thing to look into if you work for a larger firm or as a construction manager. It's a fairly new test but about 1200 people/year have been taking it and there is a very good comprehensive study guide with practice problems & solutions and practice tests.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.