Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my water heater replaced and found this mess underneath it. I had planned to peel up the sheet vinyl and replace it with vinyl planks. I did this in the kitchen with no problems. The problem is that there is a thin layer of plywood on top of the VAT everywhere except where the water heater is. I'm not sure what to do about the irregular shaped hole in the plywood. Three of the tiles are firmly stuck under the plywood, but the one in the bottom right is completely loose. There is also a hole drilled completely through to the crawlspace that someone just shoved a rag into. Any suggestions for how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,147 Posts
Fastest is strip the floor, scuff the surface, staple down loose tiles and plug hole, skim floor with cement patch, lay down new floor.

Are you a contractor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a contractor. I've had to become a DIYer for a lot of projects in my house, but I don't have much experience. How do you suggest I plug the hole that goes down into the crawlspace? And should I use cement to fill in the circular space where the water heater was?

·
Registered
Remodel
31,147 Posts
Taper a wood dowel and pound it in. Yes, the whole thing gets the cement patch.

DIY questions should be posted at our sister site, DIYchatroom.com. thus site is for professional contractors.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
that 1st floor is one of the classic asbestos tiles for the 60s, that 2nd floor has a high probability of having asbestos also if its from the 80s Congoleum cushion vinyl perimeter glue down

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,220 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.