Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 10 circuit manual transfer switch that I need to tie into my main panel. I will only be using 7 circuits, I have mounted the switch to the wall and identified where everything is to be be hooked up. I just need to have an electrician come out and hook it up, my guess is that it should only take maybe and hour or two. Does anyone know roughly what this could cost? (Boston area) Thanks.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Hi, I have a 10 circuit manual transfer switch that I need to tie into my main panel. I will only be using 7 circuits, I have mounted the switch to the wall and identified where everything is to be be hooked up. I just need to have an electrician come out and hook it up, my guess is that it should only take maybe and hour or two. Does anyone know roughly what this could cost? (Boston area) Thanks.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
'Twit tree fiddy and tree billion.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
An hour or two, huh? Yeah, I guess you did do the hard part- you know, mounting it on the wall and labeling it and stuff. I'm thinking a good electrician can probably whip the rest of it out in around 30 minutes, so even at an hourly rate of $90/hour, you should be looking at around a $45 bill.

Post this info on your local Craigslist page and you should get plenty of eager respondents.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Craigslist...

Contractor Talk...

What's the difference?

OHHHHHHH!

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
An hour or two, huh? Yeah, I guess you did do the hard part- you know, mounting it on the wall and labeling it and stuff. I'm thinking a good electrician can probably whip the rest of it out in around 30 minutes, so even at an hourly rate of $90/hour, you should be looking at
So you think it is worth only $45 to drive you your house and work for 1/2 hour????? :whistling
Try $105 for a service call. :thumbsup:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
...... I'm thinking a good electrician can probably whip the rest of it out in around 30 minutes, so even at an hourly rate of $90/hour, you should be looking at around a $45 bill..........
I don't even grab my van keys for anything less than a c-note.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Unless it's digging a ditch it usually costs more for the HO to do the work and have me check it. Most times no thought has gone into mounting boxes so that conduit can be installed neatly, etc.

I also don't depend on the HO to tell me where everything should be hooked up.

If you are in the trades, surely you have ran across an electrician you can trust to do the work.

As a tradesman yourself you should understand the VALUE of having it profesionally installed.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
So you think it is worth only $45 to drive you your house and work for 1/2 hour????? :whistling
Try $105 for a service call. :thumbsup:
You obviously missed the veiled sarcasm in the post. I don't pick up the phone for less that $200, and if I have to leave the house or think too hard, it's at least $300.

·
ampman
783 Posts
You obviously missed the veiled sarcasm in the post. I don't pick up the phone for less that $200, and if I have to leave the house or think too hard, it's at least $300.
almost tree fiffty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts