Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the average cost per square foot of floor space was to paint a new construction custom home with custom colors and with only one color. I'm thinking somewhere around $2.25 per square foot for one color and $2.75 for custom colors. I am in Central New York... am I close with price?

·
"Pro"
628 Posts
go to search and type in "pricing estimating and success" read the first thread it's a sticky

Honestly, if you can't figure your overhead and come up with your own price, what do you plan on contributing to this forum?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I was wondering what the average cost per square foot of floor space was to paint a new construction custom home with custom colors and with only one color. I'm thinking somewhere around $2.25 per square foot for one color and $2.75 for custom colors. I am in Central New York... am I close with price?
First, welcome to the forum. Now take yourself up to the intro section and introduce yourself.

To answer your question, and I am tempted to give my standard tree-fiddy response, take and figure it out based on your costs of doing business. The problem is we have no idea how much your overhead and cost are.
When you have a handle on costs , ad in the profit.

If you want help, there are several companies that can help. RS Means or Craftsman books are good to start with.

I only gave you a break and gave you any answer is because of where you live. Howdy neighbor!

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. Now take yourself up to the intro section and introduce yourself.

To answer your question, and I am tempted to give my standard tree-fiddy response, take and figure it out based on your costs of doing business. The problem is we have no idea how much your overhead and cost are.
When you have a handle on costs , ad in the profit.

If you want help, there are several companies that can help. RS Means or Craftsman books are good to start with.

I only gave you a break and gave you any answer is because of where you live. Howdy neighbor!
You ol' softy.

Reactions: rselectric1

·
Registered
132 Posts

For a new home In Nebraska the painting bid usually includes interior and exterior an average painting cost for a mid range home is 10-15k depends on colors quality and other things.

I would go off of your past experience figure out your time costs taxes and then figure out how much your time is worth.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Why do so many HO's that disquise themselves as contractors list painting as their profession?

My guess is that that it's the only thing they've ever tried at their house.
Pro painters (good ones) are indespensible. They are the last line of defense on all my jobs. :notworthy

Painters: It p's me o to keep seeing that trade belittled.

GC's really really appreciate good painters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts