Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have any cost data that will give me a reasonabl idea of what (2) of these should cost me (the steel beam not the trailer of logs)?

It's WF 36" x 256# x 32' beam - surplus. Even a rough price per pound for structural beam will help. I have a transportation quote but don't have the material cost info I need to finish up my estimate this weekend. Thank you for any help you can offer.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Hey Pipe,
I'll PM you a phone number, My buddy could give you a good figure but he wont be in until monday and his only internet access is at the office.

Bob

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I just checked my e-mail and lo and behold I'm not the only one working on quotes this weekend. The steel quote came in a little while ago. FYI it was $0.20 per# for 16384# plus $900 shipping from New Haven, CT. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lpsonbuilders said:
I would also check google
That's great advice. I'm always amazed at what you can find at Google. That's how I found the surplus steel I'm looking at. My kids use the 'image' locator to find most of the pictures they need for school work.
Years ago I thought Alta Vista was the 'bees knees' but now I think it's hard to beat a good Google search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts