Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope this does not affect the existing warranties, I have a feeling the lifetime warranty is gone...​

Here is their email:​

Dear CorrectBuilt Contractor/Dealer:​

We have great news for CorrectDeck CX! We are pleased to announce that Correct Building Products has entered into an agreement with BMCA (and their well-known GAF subsidiary) to sell the company.​
We look forward to bringing the significant resources of BMCA (well-known for excellent contractor programs) to support you and CorrectDeck CX, as well as CorrectPorch, CorrectDock, etc. In order to manage the process as cleanly as possibly, the sale will take place via a transaction called a ‘363 sale.’ This sale process involves a bankruptcy filing and then the company reorganizes as part of the acquiring company. We're confident the agreement will go through with GAF and you'll be able to benefit from this deal and the opportunities it will bring to our company and our customers. We’ll still be producing the same great products here at the factory in Maine , and you’ll still be working with the same fine people you’ve come to know through your relationships with our employees and our loyal distribution partners. We’re manufacturing and shipping CorrectDeck CX (including our great new starter board!) 24/7 and look forward to working with you on your next project. Points accumulated in our CorrectBuilt Contractor Program remain valid, and our popular Buck-a-Board / Fastenator rebate promotion will continue uninterrupted.

Customer Service and related support for those who purchase, build and use our products will remain in place.​

I look forward to working together with you to grow both our businesses. Thank you for your continued business and support. Come visit us sometime – I’ll buy you a lobster.​

Best regards,

Martin Grohman
Correct Building Products, LLC

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Damm, as much as I hate manmade ****olla, I still think there is a way to do it The Guys just need to think it thru and just put it out in the sun for a year or so for crying out loud!!! before they sell the gdfs:censored:

I still go with Moisture Shield for a lot of reasons,if only they could keep the plant from blowing up on a regular!!! JonMon

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
May be business as usual @ Correct Deck. GAF has been growing for the past couple of years....bult a new plant here in Pa and bought Elk shingles so that it is now GAF/Elk. The GAF is the only shingle that I use.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Fwiw GAF has been desperately trying to get into the deck market. They tried buying ELK Crosstimbers and it essentially flopped because the product was terrible. I sat through a whole dog and pony show put on by GAF to get me to install the product.

I suspect that they realized they needed to get a superior decking line into the mix to make thing really happen. CD is a great product that will benefit GAF rather than suck the life out of it like Crosstimbers did.

GAF has absolutely amazing warranty programs in place and has some serious pro perks setup for their products.

I think this might be the smartest thing Marty could have ever done to sustain CD and gain marketshare.

This is a good thing.

·
Composite Decking Mfr
135 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments fellas. I have met nothing but top-notch people at GAF and I am really looking forward to working with them. I think we can bring something to the party as far as decking and obviously they bring a lot in terms of programs, support and budgets.
Greg and Robert, you can bet I'll be asking for your input (as well as everyone else's); there are some good things we can do with both product lines, and also both railing lines. I think we're looking at a pretty good combination.
Marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts