Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a job that is speced for cork flooring. You can see the product at www.naturalcork.com We are putting down the Lisbon, very pretty.
I have never installed this before. It is 12 X12 X 3/16". Obviously it's a glue down and fitting it isn't a problem. The problem that I'm having is that it is on a yacht and may be exposed to water. The original flooring is also cork over plywood and has been held down since 1965 with a black mastic of some sort but now the edges and corners are lifting plus it has suffered the damage of nearly 40 yrs.
The owner wants this boat restored to as near original as possible.
Any tips on modern glues, I'm leaning toward polyurethanes, or anything else would be much appreciated.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
well, I have been working with that company for quite awhile, good stuff, but I would ask them personally for what they recommend. If it's not the right stuff, all sorts of bad stuff will happen.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flor, I e-mailed them a few days ago and, so far, no response. I haven't even done a gluedown in years. I try to only do wood and laminates, maybe a little tile if it's keystoned into other work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts