Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT KIND OF DRILL BITS, OR TOOL OR MACHINE YOU WILL USE TO CORE 7/8 HOLE 8" DEEP IN CONCRETE, TROUGH TWO OR THREE #5 OR 6REBARS, HILTI WET DIAMOND BLADE IS OUT OF QUESTION, BURN OUT IN FIVES MINUTE DIDN'T DRILL NOTHING. ANY SUGESTION PLEASE, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT, YOU CAN EMAIL ME TO IF YOU WISH AT.
[email protected]

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
I have had no problem drilling with Hilti's core bits.
I use the ones specifically for wet cutting thru rebar.
I have used others as well, Its important to use the right diamond cores for the job.
It's more important knowing what your doing. I have done over 500 holes thru reinforced concrete with various machines, take it easy and take it slow,
I hope your using the base for drilling .
by burning, or ruining the bit tells me your doing something wrong.

Oh, and welcome

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
7/8" core??..8" deep?? just drill that sucker:whistling

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I'd bet a coffee that a 7/8" rebar cutter will go through rebar faster than a core bit.

Just drill until you hit bar, then toss in the cutter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We use all right excluding rebar cutter we will try tomorrow, problem is, i have to core or drill 2000 same holes and if i reach only 50% steel will be very hard, well thank you for yours inputs, will let you know what happen tomorrow
branko tomas

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
We use all right excluding rebar cutter we will try tomorrow, problem is, i have to core or drill 2000 same holes and if i reach only 50% steel will be very hard, well thank you for yours inputs, will let you know what happen tomorrow
branko tomas
:

2000 Holes? I repeat my advice with more emphasis: Call Your Local Coring and Cutting Contractor! Then the only thing you will need is a Sharpie to lay out the locations. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh sound good but i have lots of workers, and i have to do a best i can do, thank you for advise
bt

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
branko tomas
Well, we are talking about concrete and rebar right? These materials are used because they are durable, which by definition means they are not easy to put holes in.

·
GC/carpenter
43,838 Posts
mudpad said:
You are using water, right?
Just make sure you don't apply water after you have drilled for awhile. You must apply the water at the start of the drilling process, or you will ruin an expensive bit.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Sounds like we're drilling for dowels and if it's that many holes gang drilling is the way to go. I agree with mudpad, a company that specializes in that will save you money, time and heartburn.

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Engineer will be happy cutting thru all that rebar

1 - 20 of 26 Posts