Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a boatload of Milwaukee 18V batts.

1 4.0 Dewalt that came and 2 4.0 Bosch Batts....

Tons of Red Tools...

Looking for a cordless vac. Just for some minor odd's - ends.
What's the consensus Or are all 3 just as comparable - dewalt, milwaukee and Makita. The dewalt corded/cordless is interesting. I don't care about volume of any of the cordless. Just pure suction power..

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I have the DeWalt. It works ok I guess.
But I'm impatient and bring my 5hp Ridgid which could suck up a bowling ball.

But, the cordless is great for little stuff.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hear Milwaukee has a fuel version of their little box vac. That's the one I'd get. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Use the Milwaukee vac all the time, even when power is near. It's my small vac for small tasks, not cleaning a whole floor.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
I carry a small wet/dry corded vac and use that. The last cordless was a Dyson, payed $150 for it and it was a piece of crap. When the volts dropped by a few it would die. I did run OK at first but as the battery wore it dropped fast. But I carry a dust pan and foxtail for cordless operations.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
A friend I work with a lot has the DW.

He calls it his "Little Sucky Buddy" and uses it all the time.

It does a great job for those quick cleanups we encounter all the time.
Drilling for cab pulls.....prepping corners for base (drywall shavings/dust)....etc., etc.

Has that hose that you can pull out of the handle to get into drawer corners and other tight spots.

He runs a chitload of DW cordless, so there is always a charged battery around.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have the DW and it is a nice addition, wouldn't say replacement, but it is great for little jobs and I use it a lot to replace toilets. Easy to clean out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the Milwaukee and it's great for small quick pick ups. None of the major 3 brands are going to replace or compete with a corded vac, but for what they are they are great. If you already have Milwaukee batteries and tools I would stick with that. Investing in another battery line gets to be more expensive.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a CT36 and Bosch Autobac. Just wanted something corded for those very small situations...drilling out for anchors and such.

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,895 Posts
I have the makita dust buster looking one. It works well. I know there is a small little makita vac but it's not available here and I've looked into it and it would cost double to get one shipped here.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've not bitten the bug, so I have not jumped on the cordless vac bandwagon. I wish I did though, it was 99 for the DW cord/cordless version two weeks ago, now 120. Just cant seem to justify it when my small rigid seems to be fine... for now. Except for keeping the vehicle clean. THere's something to be said about being able to vac out the vehicle daily, keeps a nice clean work environment. Just the dust tracking out on your clothing gets all over the vehicle, and makes it look cheap and unorganized.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I had the milwaukee when I had those batteries, now I have the makita dustbuster. The milwaukee was better, but bigger and I have limited space so the makita works better for me.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
A friend I work with a lot has the DW.

He calls it his "Little Sucky Buddy" and uses it all the time.

It does a great job for those quick cleanups Yves encounter all the time.
Drilling for cab pulls.....prepping corners for base (drywall shavings/dust)....etc., etc.

Has that hose that you can pull out of the handle to get into drawer corners and other tight spots.

He runs a chitload of DW cordless, so there is always a charged battery around.
Not something I'd say outloud... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts