Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for new cordless tools and with the new batteries and brushless motors I was just wondering which brand everyone likes best. To be more specific what drills.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
SAcarpenter said:
Milwaukee or dewalt
X2.

No experience with the festool.

Stay away from PC, And Bosch.

Makita I've heard mixed reviews about.

(and Ryobi doesn't even belong in this conversation)

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Bosch for me.

I have DeWalt, Makita, and Bosch. Bosch is the powerhouse.

As mentioned by others, the Wuakees are getting good reviews here.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,345 Posts
I have put in, I can't tell you how many deck screws with the milwaukee fuel, I have not one complaint.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have three sets of the Milwaukee's that get used daily.Impact and drill.I love them and my guys have dropped them off roofs and they still work fine.The batteries hold a charge a lot longer than the DeWalts.They are smaller ,lighter and easier on you.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,345 Posts
I can also attest to Milwaukee customer service and warranties, I had a switch go bad on a cordless roto-hammer brought it to there facility on Monday, it was fixed and waiting on my porch on Friday.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have dewalt (xrp) and they're getting dated. Dewalt has always made good tools and they can take a beating but as of recently I feel like my next set will be milwaukee. I am beyond impressed with my m12's and can only imagine the 18's.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the makita hybrid set and I love them. It had a brushless impact with 3 speed setting and the brushed hammer drill. They pair up well and the batteries have been holding up great. Both have plenty of power and feel good in the hand. I hear makita is coming out with a new brushless hammer drill that is to blow even the Milwaukee fuels out of the water.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Stay away from makita.

Jiffy will be along shortly to tell you how much better Makita is over every other tool manufacturer in the known universe, and that anything else is over priced crap.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts