Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Friday folks,

So Im currently using a Hitatchi 16g cordless nailer. But in the past year I have replaced the motor twice. Also just last week while in the middle of a job 2 of the blades just snapped clean off the fan.
I know the later is only minor but I have really had enough of sending it to be fixed.

So Im gonna invest in a new gun but not sure what to go for paslode, bostitch, makita etc....
and would really appreciate any of your input from your experience.

Thanks in advance guys and gals....

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
I'm satisfied with my Paslode but I only use it on small projects that I don't want to drag the compressor out for and exterior trim where I don't want to deal with hoses on the scaffold/ladders.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I thought you meant a 23 ga headless pinner.

Does that exist? Cause I would buy one in a heartbeat!

Nothing worse than being on a millwork job and having to roll out the compressor to run the pinner just for the returns.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
How long have you had it? Is it holding up well?

Not breaking, jamming or misfiring?
I've had it about a year. So far no problems with durability. I've had a couple jams but they were cleared in less than 5 minutes.

The Hitachi gun might be the same way but Paslodes are kind of temperamental with the cold. If its cold enough for a coat you will need to put the fuel can in your pocket for a few minutes to warm up before it will work. Not a huge problem but it needs to be mentioned.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I think it would be the cats ass if a tool brand rolled out a 15/16, 18, and 23 gauge lineup of cordless nailers. And even a framing nailer just to be versatile.

All the same brand, same fuel/battery system, same color. It would be so easy. And a huge selling point.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
I think it would be the cats ass if a tool brand rolled out a 15/16, 18, and 23 gauge lineup of cordless nailers. And even a framing nailer just to be versatile.

All the same brand, same fuel/battery system, same color. It would be so easy. And a huge selling point.
I would be happy if the Paslode guns all took the same fuel cell. Use framing fuel for everything, just change metering valves for the finish guns. Seems simple to me.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Robinson1 said:
I would be happy if the Paslode guns all took the same fuel cell. Use framing fuel for everything, just change metering valves for the finish guns. Seems simple to me.
Does Paslode have the full lineup? I've always contemplated them, but get turned off by the price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Pretty close, 16 ga, 18 ga, framing, and roofing. I've heard rumors of a stapler they used to make but have never seen one.
I also have seen a cordless positive placement nailer they have great tool for hangers.

Yeah I dont mind the money side or even the slow start to warm up as long as when it does warm up it den decides it wants a morning in bed so just pcks in all together!

Im leaning towards the new paslode lithium gun.
But that said I also have a Senco gas framing gun for years now and love it so might give the fusion a look.

Cheers guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts