Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone seen any news or anything coming out from any of the cordless tools ---- that will be of a cordless drill/ dust containment variant that is built into it. Similar to the add-ons for SDS cordless variants but for a regular cordless drill .

Just short of a helper holding a hose

I've got a application where I'll be drilling holes in sheetrock and wanted to contain the dust

Otherwise, I might just buy this Makita adapter and cobble up parts to make the hose work with either the Turbo II or Festool I have

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-193472...UXQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I have reservations on any Makita (dust) . Have one of the concrete planers. The brushes/shround on that thing is like 1/8 fuzzy suede that is just complete rubbish..

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
They have them for cutting speaker holes.

Anything smaller hold a vac with one hand and the drill with the other.

That's how I roll:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
That is one beefy mount. I've sorta settled in on the Chief fixed or Thinnstalls articulating and never looked back
Buy Premiere and you will never touch another Chief I promise! I think Chief are my least favorite mount for the money.

So what are you anchoring?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Those I mount hundreds of, if you can't make any dust what so ever put a bead of silicone on the back plate and use a couple drywall screws to hold it in place...not one spec of dust. Most of my large wifi jobs are in drop ceiling so I use machine screws and just poke them through the tile and fender washer the back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Has anyone seen any news or anything coming out from any of the cordless tools ---- that will be of a cordless drill/ dust containment variant that is built into it. Similar to the add-ons for SDS cordless variants but for a regular cordless drill .

Just short of a helper holding a hose

I've got a application where I'll be drilling holes in sheetrock and wanted to contain the dust

Otherwise, I might just buy this Makita adapter and cobble up parts to make the hose work with either the Turbo II or Festool I have

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-193472...UXQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I have reservations on any Makita (dust) . Have one of the concrete planers. The brushes/shround on that thing is like 1/8 fuzzy suede that is just complete rubbish..
I've got the DeWalt version that I literally never use if interested.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Gator -

I believe the circumference should be similar/closer in size to the bit size you are working with in order to be most effective.

WHAT I would find interesting if there was a test shootout between the dewalt, makita, hilti, bosch (vac accessory + effectiveness). Of SDS+, MAX drill bit and maybe 2 core test of 2 1/2 and 4"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts