Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think it's time I get a collated drywall gun and looking to see what guys like as a cordless option. I was given an older Senco 14v gun, but the batteries are shot and it looks like to even have them rebuilt will be close to the cost of buying a new one. The guy I work with has a Senco with the Dewalt drill, but I'm not a big fan of that gun. He has a corded Senco for bigger jobs that is real nice, but think I would rather go cordless since I don't do a ton of drywall and if I have that much I'm most likely gonna sub it out anyways.

So, I'm thinking cordless, lithium ion(not a deal breaker). I have all Milwaukee cordless tools, but unfortunately they don't currently make a cordless gun that I'm aware of. What do you guys like/dislike? Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Hilti is $600+ though right? I don't use one enough to justify that kind of coin. Hear nothing but great things about it, but a bit spendy for my needs.

Anyone use and like the Senco duraspin 18v lithium ion gun? The only down side to the Senco is that it only does 1"-2" screws so it's basically just a drywall gun. That's not really a problem though as that's mostly what I'm after for my remodels.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
We have the 14v duraspin. Got it used for $50 about 3 years ago. Have hung additions, basements, attics, etc with it. The batteries are crap but they last long enough that the other one is charged by the time you switch.

Since we just do remodel stuff, we don't really need a $600 gun. I can't see it screwing that much faster than our $50 one.

·
The Remodeler
1,536 Posts
I had a couple Duraspin guns but the batteries finally gave out. Down to one battery that only gets about a half charge.

HD had the Ridgid version on clearance which is identical to the Senco, just orange and had a lighter Li-ion battery. They were $40 each... I bought two.

You might find a store that still has one up in the shelves.... Couldnt hurt to ask them, maybe have them search all the other local stores.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Most crews I see don't use collated guns.. They can really screw off with a corded screw gun though.

Lock the trigger on, and grab a handful of screws:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
TimelessQuality said:
Most crews I see don't use collated guns.. They can really screw off with a corded screw gun though. Lock the trigger on, and grab a handful of screws:thumbsup:
The pros that I've seen use that method. However I can promise you I'm faster with collated. I've sorta tried it before with a handful of screws. Not happening...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts