Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dislike bothering you all; however, I have looked everywhere and cannot find the answer. I do not like hoses or cables, so do you all know if anyone makes a cordless cap stapler...and if not, does anyone make a cordless cap nailer? Thank you all for your time.

·
Super Moderator
10,605 Posts
Do those Stingers actually work well? We have been hand capping for the last 5 years after I tired of the expense, break downs, and hassle of the Button Kap brand nailer and stapler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the one he referenced is a hand stapler. it is not big enough to have the staples and caps. It is cordless though, and that was my question. If it does carry them and is actually cordless and does not require manual compression, please let me know. I am tired of air hoses. Personally, batteries and gas is much better. It may be more expensive, but its worth not having the hassle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stingers work good. They wear out and don't hold up well being dropped off a roof but we've made peace with those factors and stopped complaining when they start acting up.

We've also found a few ways to lengthen the life of them. Sometimes its just small parts that got slightly bent or whatever that need to be put back in place.

They aren't perfect. Sometimes you have to rechamber the buttons, sometimes the buttons don't break off and it jerks a long strip out of your load.

There isn't an easy way to feed them through the stapler backwards, so when that happens they're just wasted unless you want to take the time to save them and feed them back through the stapler.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
I have one too. We hardly use it because we use titanium and it has to be cap nailed. But occasionally we use it when we do garages and stuff when we just use 15lb felt

·
Registered
51 Posts
For felting we use "tiger paw" made by GAF. Its a breathable decking covering.
We like it because it runs a little faster (4' tall) and is a whole lot better for walking on.

Is 'titanium' something similar to that description through a different brand? I've never heard of it. I don't think we have a supplier of that around here.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Steve'sSon said:
For felting we use "tiger paw" made by GAF. Its a breathable decking covering. We like it because it runs a little faster (4' tall) and is a whole lot better for walking on. Is 'titanium' something similar to that description through a different brand? I've never heard of it. I don't think we have a supplier of that around here.
Yeah, it comes in 10 sq rolls and you can walk up a 10/12 pitch on it no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts