Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my Ridgid cordless radio out the other night and it got poured on. I have tried to charge it and the "evaluate" light keeps on blinking then turns to "defective". Is the battery done or is there anything I can do?
 

·
Handle It!
Joined
·
9,588 Posts
Gotta dry it COMPLETELY prior to use. If the Battery was in a device, the odds are that the Batt and Device are shot.


Drop a cell in the toilet. YANK the Battery IMMEDIATELY, dry with hairdryer on low for a coupla hours...........

Usually works out just fine!

Water does NOT damage circuitry. Electrons across improper paths does!
 

·
Project Manager
Joined
·
2,642 Posts
It needs to thoroughly dry out before you can evaluate.

I had a similar thing happen to a DeWalt battery, but it was 85 degrees out, so I left it in direct sun for the day, took it home, let it acclimate to room temperature and it charged.

Oddly, and perhaps related, I dunno, it died about 2-3 months later.
 

·
Curmudgeon
Joined
·
11,706 Posts
Salvage technique for any
wet electronics.
Bury it in rice for three or
four days.


That's uncooked rice. :laughing:
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top