Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working up a proposal for a customer, and wanted to consult with the vast knowledge here on CT. The job is resurfacing an existing cedar deck with IPE. She would like to me to build some kind of box/cabinet for a cooler to match the deck. I have many ideas in my head on what to build, but was hoping someone here has done something similar for a reference point. Has anyone here done something like this in the past?

Spencer

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies... I was thinking something that looks like this http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=20807&k=ZZ50867 , but built with Ipe. I just need to find the kit for the interior cooler part. Any thoughts on this design or where to get the cooler parts? The lid would get heavy, so I figured on marine grade hydraulic pumps. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Spencer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Refrigerator Option?

I'm not sure if this is even in the same ballpark, but if you can upsell the HO into an outdoor fridge, it might be a better solution. That way, they never have to worry about filling it with ice, and then draining the cooler when the ice melts. Another plus is that you can easily box the fridge in with ipe. Many of the fridges have door fronts that allow for fascia panels to be installed (build one out of ipe and you're set). We've put outdoor refrigerators on light switches in the past, allowing you to flick a switch to turn it on a few hours before a party when you stock the fridge, and shut it off after the party so that it doesn't run all the time and drive your electric bill up. I've included a pic of one that we put in recently. Our job required a whole "prep area" so it is totally different from the one being discussed, but I did want to throw the fridge option out there...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts