Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started this one.

Started as a daycare in 1980, then various offices and businesses. The lot was subdivided, zoning was changed and now the fun starts.

New sewer line gets started Monday.

The back 2/3 of block is being taken down to 8' and we are framing the second story above.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
3 days to get the block, rafters and second floor deck down and in dumpsters. Two 20 yard dumpsters for the block.

We were also able to get some of the new openings cut and prep the old openings for block.

Tomorrow we set anchors and finish prepping the block for the infill and solid tops.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Stop timing so much time off and quit leaving me hanging.... I'd ready to see what this is gonna look like.

What's the story on this structure? How was it used?

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stop timing so much time off and quit leaving me hanging.... I'd ready to see what this is gonna look like.

What's the story on this structure? How was it used?
Few delays with the building department we are working out..started with them losing the permit application...

It was built as a Daycare in 1980 then used for various businesses until about 2 years ago. It sat empty until we started.

Mason should be there this week.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Happens all the time....

The zoning was already approved so it is no longer a commercial property, almost $100k already in to convert to residential. Construction on the building was not allowed to begin until after the conversion and the existing building could not be used as residential the way it was configured. Demo was going to happen no matter what and we did it. Now there are a few design changes to get the building permits approved.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts