Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customer is requesting a controller for Ambient Air Temperature to control heat tapes for a roof. There is a designated 20amp GFCI already mounted to the soffit for the heat tapes to plug into but he is requesting something that will control it by ambient air temp. I have found one so far but it is over $100, he is looking for something cheaper and if i find one cheaper and reliable than i will be installing one on each condo unit "32 units total". Has anyone found such a device and how well did it work? Thanks.

·
Registered
838 Posts
RAYCHEM AMC-1A THERMOSTAT, 573977

Ref: RD10000RAYCHEM 573977, AMBIENT SENSING THERMOSTAT (15TO 140*F).
STOCK ITEMS USUALLY SHIP WITHIN 1-2 DAYS.
P/N: AMC-1A

Specification Sheet
<B><B>

Hey Paul

This is the Thermo we used out in the field at the plant. We used all Raychem heat tape and accessories & I believe we got them from Grainger in Albany........... Probably more than a 100 bucks though. Mostly all the tapes were self-regulating-but we used these thermos on pipe lines, etc................. Mike

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kgmz, thats exactly what i have been looking for. Thanks Mike, i found something similar to that and it was a no go for the homeowners. I guess at $100 each and 32 homeowners in this association it would get rather expensive in a hurry and hard to justify the cost vs. expense of the tapes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts