Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Contractor
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those little fish working with large corporate company's, the kind who do things their way, do you guys alter your business practice? For instance, all private residential owners I work with, it's SOP to provide a detailed proposal and upon ironing out the specifics to convert this into a contract with details listed including work, materials, terms, warranty and insurance information. With a large national company I deal with, they sort of do their own thing which includes using my information in an exhibit written up by their PM. Often my proposal has more detailed info....but the only contract signed is THEIR contract which if very legalistic.

So far so good...do you guys conform or make them do it your way in addition to their way?

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can use their contracts but you need to make sure there isn't language in there that allows them to not pay your work or change orders. They may have something like payment when paid by their client, or when financing is available. This is all very dangerous language that could totally screw you.

Big companies don't really care about you so if they don't pay they won't really care. If you use their contract, you better be sure what is says.

John
www.constructonomics.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts