Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I know the contract's question has been beat to death, but I really need help in this area. I've only been in business for myself for about 8 months, and I've yet to face any real troubles with my contract, but it is very basic. You know, "AA Quality Paint will do this and that for X dollars, blah, blah" and I try to add in anything I think is important to cover my ass-ets, heh.

The problem is I need a contract this is much more detailed. I would like one that covers change orders, un-forseen circumstances, etc. I can't think of half the things I know I need in there....help!

Just the other day I arrived at a customer's house to skim, sand, and prime some HORRIBLE looking tape seems on a relatively new house. I entered the home using the garage door code provided by the customer. Once inside the house, I notice the front door is unlocked, and sitting OPEN 2" or so!! Upon further inspection, the rear doors are also found unlocked. I notified the customer immediately, and nothing looked disturbed or came of it, but man....

Anyway, can someone please help me out with a thorough contract? :Thumbs:

·
Registered
378 Posts
AAPaint said:
Hey everybody. I know the contract's question has been beat to death, but I really need help in this area. I've only been in business for myself for about 8 months, and I've yet to face any real troubles with my contract, but it is very basic. You know, "AA Quality Paint will do this and that for X dollars, blah, blah" and I try to add in anything I think is important to cover my ass-ets, heh.

The problem is I need a contract this is much more detailed. I would like one that covers change orders, un-forseen circumstances, etc. I can't think of half the things I know I need in there....help!

Just the other day I arrived at a customer's house to skim, sand, and prime some HORRIBLE looking tape seems on a relatively new house. I entered the home using the garage door code provided by the customer. Once inside the house, I notice the front door is unlocked, and sitting OPEN 2" or so!! Upon further inspection, the rear doors are also found unlocked. I notified the customer immediately, and nothing looked disturbed or came of it, but man....

Anyway, can someone please help me out with a thorough contract? :Thumbs:
Check out the contractors legal kit by gary ransone, this is availible for the JLC bookstore www.jlconline.com

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Did you ever get the one that Premeirpainting was sending out a while back? If not I will send you a copy of them, if premeir doesn't mind of course. We are using the ones premeir gave us and I have to say I like them a lot, they have just everything a painting contractor needs. Anyway if you didn't get them I will send you both when I get back to my home computer.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes please humble....I'm afraid I missed out on all the contracts that went around here, and I could really use some help. I don't know all the legal mumbo jumbo, but I know there are numerous things I need added to cover ME! Almost every job I run across something that I know should have been stipulated in my contract ahead of time. These things can, at times, be quite costly.

Thanks in advance! My email is [email protected] :Thumbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
contract

Humble Abode said:
Did you ever get the one that Premeirpainting was sending out a while back? If not I will send you a copy of them, if premeir doesn't mind of course. We are using the ones premeir gave us and I have to say I like them a lot, they have just everything a painting contractor needs. Anyway if you didn't get them I will send you both when I get back to my home computer.
can you send me a copy to look at

thanks

[email protected]

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
If premeirpainting doesn't want me to share he should chime in. I'm sure he won't mind especially if he doesn't have to do all the mailing ;) but I will give it until tommorow then I will send it out to all of you.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Message for Tom Rohland.

I tried sending it to you but it got kicked back saying you can't except mail from my e-mail address, It may think it's spam or something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Humble Abode said:
If premeirpainting doesn't want me to share he should chime in. I'm sure he won't mind especially if he doesn't have to do all the mailing ;) but I will give it until tommorow then I will send it out to all of you.
Humbl have at it and enjoy sending it to 2000 people :D I wish it could just be attached somehow. I am glad to hear that there is such an interest in our contract. It will cover you ass- ets for sure...
Enjoy
Kevin- Premier Painting

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello, all. I've been lurking for a while and have learned a great deal from reading everyone's posts. My husband runs his own painting/contracting business in the South and I'm taking over his office/administrative work (now that our son is in daycare). Unfortunately, my husband is too busy to spend much leisure time on the computer to read all of your posts, but I have shared much of your collective knowledge with him.

Sorry for being the gazilionth request, but may I please get a copy of Premierpainting's contract? Right now, we simply don't have the cash flow for a lawyer. Premier, you are very generous for sharing what is typically an extremely protective document.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Humble, do you think you could throw a copy my way also, I'm always looking for ways to improve my systems.
Thanks in advance
Del
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts