Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to do the maintenance of a small aprtment complex and other apaortment buildings. I however need a contract for this and do not know where to find one. anyone know where to get one or have an example of one I can view?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Open up microsoft word and start typinig. Type their name and address, type the address of the properties, type the work to be done at each property, type the dollar ammount for each property, include a space for them to sign. Now print it on your letter head.

Alternatively if they will be paying you time and material you can just type that up as well.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Lots and lots of fine print explaining who is responsible for what, and more importantly lots and lots of fine print about liablility issues. Also don't forget lots of fine print about how you will get paid, when, where and how, and what will happen if you don't.

Nothing in a contract is important until you have a problem, once you have a problem you are going to wish you had an additional 100 pages of verbage in your contract.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Payment terms "1/2 down. final payment due upon completion."

One of my proposals for something like this would look like:
----------------------------------------------------------

XYZ Inc.
Attn: John Doe, Plant Manager
1234 Mockingbird Ln.
Nowheresville, IL 60606

Re: General Maintenance to the building located at 5150 Crazy St., Nowheresville, IL

-Scope of work
1) We will clean the gutters and downspouts of debris and dispose of all debris.
2) We will Replace approximately 4 ceiling tiles in the front office and in the waiting room with similair styled ceiling tiles.
3) We will clean the stains in the carpet at the rear bathroom with battery acid.
4) Blah Blah Blah Yackity Schmackity.
5) Any sort of guarantees against whatever.

-Total Price
One Million, Forty Two Dollars....................... $1,000,042.00

-Terms of Payment
1) This proposal is for Labor and Material
2) This proposal includes all taxes
3) The customer will pay 50% of the contract value and pay the remaining 50% upon completion.
4) Additional work not listed in the scope of work above will carry additional costs.

Anything else is gravy but this would be the bare minimums.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi all, this isi my first post. How exactly would you go about getting a apartment complex to begin with? I want to start my business doing Electrial service work and remos. But, seems like it gets pretty slow in the winter. I am hoping to official be up and running in 3-6 months.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts