Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ContractorTalk.com has been growing a lot over the last year and we have plans to keep growing... Soon we will be adding more features to the site as well as more information and services.

This growth has put a strain on our current shared server and the site often loads really slowly. In order to avoid these slow load times and to get ready for future growth I'm moving the site to a dedicated server. Instead of sharing space with 100's of other websites we will only be sharing with the websites that I own (www.DIYChatroom.com, www.IncTalk.com, etc...)

Anyways, this is just a quick note to let you know that we are moving the site to the dedicated server tonight. The site may stop working for a short period of time but we will be back soon.

Thanks! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the transfer is complete. We still have a few things to work out though. I'll send an email out once everything is final.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Thank You
It absolutely does load a lot quicker
...a lot quicker
I've got a ton of bandwidth and turbo'd Firefox and I really notice the difference
Night and day really
It makes it much easier to poke around
Did I mention it's a lot quicker now?
Thanks again

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, anyone who has a fast connection should notice the difference. However, the main thing is that we should avoid the slow load times during the high peak hours.

Hopefully everyone will enjoy the difference :)

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Yes...It seems to react quicker.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are making changes to the nameserver tonight and this may make the website go offline for a few hours.

Don't worry if we go offline... we will be back ;)

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are in the final phase of upgrading our server which means that we are moving to a dedicated IP address. We used to share one with all my other websties.
Not to get to complex but it takes a few hours/a day for the new IP address to be connected with our web address.

Anyways, our new IP address is 207.142.132.36 and you may see this in your address bar instead of contractortalk.com while the update takes place.
While the update is taking place you may need to log into the site again before posting.

Let me know if you have any questions.

THanks

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I try to be quick ;)

This is the last step btw. After this the move will be complete.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
So today, my bookmark for the site brings me to a page that says:

There is no website configured at this address.

You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.
Fortunately, I rec'd e-mail notification with the text about the new IP address
I cut and pasted that in my browser window and that worked just fine
So I bookmarked that page too, works just fine
The old bookmark still bring me to the no website page
Freaky....

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmm, it should be forwarding automatically.

Hopefully within the next few hours things will work themselves out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts