Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well guys there is a site up for you to help you collect your debt and help you on futher jobs. I have ran a company that Rates Homeowners just for Contractors. And it has been a success. In columbus that is. Now I am expanding my company. This is totally legal. The BBB is self titled. Now in return we the contractors can Rate homeowners too. My contractors Rate them from excellent to very poor with the amount that was owed to the contractor. All you do is type in the homeowners name and you get the rating of the homeowner. If the homeowner owes you we have solved that too. We have postcards that you send them and when they get it they always pay. If you all search the internet you will find that companies love to report on contractors. I have said homeowners need to be Rated for years and now you can. I you want a free 30 day membership to try it then contact me. My site is [ or you can e-mail me at ] and I will set you up.

Kind Regards :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I had this idea years ago and never acted on it. I think that it's a good one and would work the same as a credit rating.
Sorry that I had to edit it. Contact Nathan about future advertising.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Mike it could be done the exact same way that the BBB operates but that wold reuire huge working capital.

We as sellers have this service already and it's called the credit bureau. However how many of us spend the $15 on a credit report before we submit a quote?

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I typically submit the quote - but will not execute the contract until proof of financing is received. All lenders will submit a proof of loan letter upon request from homeowner.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Very good point Grumpy. Penny-wise, pound foolish.

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.thedeadbeatlist.com IS www.thecontractorsfriendlyassociate.com

I read a message posted on the board.Thedeadbeatlist.com is now Thecontractorsfriendlyassociate.com. Our company has never been sued. We have never closed shop. We have just made this a better site with a more professional url. We comply with the FTC and they have given us the okay. I hear time after time how contractors get ripped-off. In columbus, Ohio its fading away quickley. Memebers of CFA state to the homeowner that they are members. The best part is the homeowner never has add-ons and always pays on time. And going to the credit bureau won't help. The contractors here in Columbus who Rate the Homeowner do it because they have worked for that homeowner. They can tell you about the homeowners personality, if the homeowner is rude or nice. They can tell you if they didn't get paid and why. Its all first hand experience. I think some of you should surf the net and see how slanted news releases and bureau reporting is to homeowner and how the contractors are always at fault. The question at hand is? Do you ever hear about a homeowner at fault? Or better yet, do you ever see a homeowner have a write up about how bad they are? I can tell you this. You see write ups and reviews on how contractors do their work.

We are just trying to level the playing field.

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I apologize

Grumpy, I am sorry for how I was I took it the wrong way. You have to understand that I have lived my site for two years. Investigating the BBB and other resouces. I have lived my company and it finally took off. From a former Roofer and Gutter guy too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts