Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Welcome to the Contractors Chat Room!

We have come a long way and still have a long way to go.

Our goal is to make this website an essential part of your business by providing tools and information you can't do without.

If there is anything we've missed please let us know. We are always open to suggestions and look forward to your participation.

If you have any questions please email us at
Thanks,
Nathan

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I do have 1 question. When you replied, I got a piece of mail sent to me email. How do I stop this?

Reactions: peteo

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Also in regards to the chat room. I have been all over the internet to chat rooms and I am always the only person in there at any given time. Maybe a good idea would be to post when you would like to set up a meeting for people to use the chat rooms. Maybe every tuesday or whatever. And make a specific time keeping in mind I am in Alaska, so your time is probably not my time :)

Reactions: TxElectrician

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Florcraft said:
I do have 1 question. When you replied, I got a piece of mail sent to me email. How do I stop this?

There’s an easy way to change that.

First click on "PREFERENCES" in the light blue bar near the top of the page. (Right under the green painting tab)
This will bring up your user profile.

Now, select the "OPTIONS" tab.

Scroll down and you will see a check box that says Use "'Email Notification' by default?"
MAKE SURE THIS BOX IS NOT CHECKED.

I know that can be annoying. Sorry about that.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

-Nathan

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Florcraft said:
Also in regards to the chat room. I have been all over the internet to chat rooms and I am always the only person in there at any given time. Maybe a good idea would be to post when you would like to set up a meeting for people to use the chat rooms. Maybe every tuesday or whatever. And make a specific time keeping in mind I am in Alaska, so your time is probably not my time :)

I know what you mean Florcraft, it’s hard to get everybody together at the same time.
Once traffic on the site builds we will have organized chat times as well as special speakers.

-Nathan

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I am really enjoying this site. There is more to it than most sites I have seen. I will help spread the word.
I am having trouble setting up my avater though, any advice?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Florcraft said:
I am really enjoying this site. There is more to it than most sites I have seen. I will help spread the word.
I am having trouble setting up my avater though, any advice?
Go to the "Avatar" tab under that same Preferences button.

Now, there are two things you need to do to set up your Avatar.
First select the "YES" button for Use custom avatar.
Next upload your picture by browsing for the file on your computer.

There are some size restrictions though.
An Avatar can only be 50 by 50 pixels or 20000 bytes (whichever is smaller).
A Profile Picture can only be 100 by 100 pixels or 100000 bytes (whichever is smaller).

I know the size is restricting but we have to limit the size of the image so the site doesn't slow down.

-Nathan

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I do not see a "yes" button to change avater. Only a button that says do not use avatar, and I cannot unclick it. Am I looking at the right place?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Florcraft said:
I do not see a "yes" button to change avater. Only a button that says do not use avatar, and I cannot unclick it. Am I looking at the right place?

Right under "do not use avatar is another box called Custom Avatars.
That box has the "Yes" button. Click that and the other one will unselect.

Still having trouble?
-Nathan

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I am sorry, but I do not see a custom avatar button at all. Under the do not use avatar, there is a statement that says "if you have a custom avatar, then selecting this will delete it" but that is all. Do I have clearance Clarence?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Florcraft said:
I am sorry, but I do not see a custom avatar button at all. Under the do not use avatar, there is a statement that says "if you have a custom avatar, then selecting this will delete it" but that is all. Do I have clearance Clarence?

I'm sorry Florcraft, that was my fault. :rolleyes:

I've updated the permissions and you can now ad an avatar to your profile.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

-Nathan

·
Registered
2 Posts
:thumbup:

Welcome to the Contractors Chat Room!

We have come a long way and still have a long way to go.

Our goal is to make this website an essential part of your business by providing tools and information you can't do without.

If there is anything we've missed please let us know. We are always open to suggestions and look forward to your participation.

If you have any questions please email us at
Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking for deck or kitchen,bathroom remodeling or window door replacement company.I like to start rightaway as a subcontractor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.